• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

First dogs ready to scan! Help kick off our first donation drive

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Rupert's fund is off to a great start! :mexwav:

I am very pleased to announce that thanks to an initial flurry of donations, we already have been able to fund the MRI scans of two older dogs that researchers have identified as particularly valuable to this stage of the genome research. :D

This is an exciting achievement. Thanks so much to each one of you who pledged those first donations, and here's to many more scans enabled by Rupert's Fund!

As the word gradually gets out about the need for older dogs, others are coming forward with possible candidates as well. A low-cost scanning day is being arranged for late March, so if we can raise more funds, more dogs could be done on the day at these competitive prices. Getting the dogs done on a low-cost day enables your donations to go much further. Let's aim to get a couple of more added on the day.

So: please consider any size donation from 10 pounds up, or get to work on whatever fundraising project you might have in mind -- selling some things on eBay, a small event, anything at all. Small donations quickly add up and enable us to fund another dog, so please don't feel you need to make a large donation to be a part of this CavalierTalk fundraising effort. :)

I have pinned information on making donations to the top of the forum -- no matter where you are in the world you can make a donation to Rupert's Fund.

The researchers will keep a running total of donations and we will report back on what we are raising and what is being done with those funds.

More information on Rupert's Fund is posted here.

:jump:

Hi Karlin

Will Oliver's scan be any use - he has a small syrinx but very few symptoms (and those are due more to his CM than his SM, I think). I'm hoping to get him scanned again this year (finances permitting!) just to see what's happening - he's 9 in june, and I could send his results to whoever could use them. Or would we be eligible for the Rupert session in March?

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Ruperts Fund

Hello Karlin and Nicki

Donation to your fund on the way

Best Wishes

brian
Poppy ,Daisy ,Rosie and Lily:)

Donation sent via paypal.
Delighted to contribute in memory of Rupert.
Very best of luck to the owners who volunteer their dogs.
Sins

Thank you so much everyone.

Kate, I'll have a word with Karlin, that is so good of you to offer to rescan Oliver.

Thanks, all! :)

Kate: the best thing would be to email Penny and give some background and pedigree info for Oliver. All scans are useful but some are a higher priority than others given the needs of the researchers, so the decision is up to them. We can part-fund some scans too if owners can cover some of the cost. But I don't have anything to do with selecting dogs and deciding which to help fund so can't give an answer either way -- but I know Penny would welcome further information :).

I'd also like to see if either of my old ladies would be useful to the researchers too. Could you let us have Penny's email address, Karlin - or PM me with it if it's not possible to put it up in the public domain?

Many thanks, Marie-Anne

For some reason my first name is being treated to the *~@!!?~* treatment!

I remain, as ever , Marie-Anne!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorted! :lol: My fault for fiddling with settings. :sl*p: But you have your identity back! Yes do email Penny -- the more options the better!

My donation has been sent by PayPal.
Isn't it wonderful how you can spend money without moving from your computer:cffee:

Thanks Margaret :flwr::flwr:

Somewhat too easy to spend money on the computer sadly LOL but not when it's in a good cause like this :D

This is really exciting -- we are now beginning to build up towards getting a third dog in for March so let's keep going! Little donations very welcome, big donations very welcome, and everything in between. :rah:

Have just sent my small donation by PayPal. Hoping to continue with monthly donations.

It sure feels good to do this for our breed. :)

Sent small payment (£7.00 was all I had in it) through paypal, will send more regularly :)
Just learning about paypal myself, and I clicked "gift", is this the best to do?

Back