• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Really lovely young cocker in Meath pound

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Have offered to help with this one if needed but if anyone wishes to home directly, she's a little beaut and you can go directly to the pound. Urgent as they only get 5 days and then may be pts.

She is definitely much older than the 10 weeks stated -- I'd guess at least 10 months as she has a full adult coat, If anyone homes this dog or has a friend who takes her, let me know.

Full information and pound contact (please contact pound directly and immediately if interested):

http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=74476

I will be looking for foster if this dog comes out and anyone fancies minding a little cocker girl!

DogImage340691en.jpg

She's really lovely :luv: I hope someone takes her home
:xfngr:
Surely to God, they wouldn't put her to sleep :eek:

Karlin, if you need help with fostering, I'm available too. She is gorgeous, I hope she gets out and gets a home soon.

She will be pts if no one reclaims or takes her; that is why I offered. Her time is pretty much up.

I know people may feel concerned but please do NOT contact the pound on behalf of rescue (including me!) or to get an update -- they will not appreciate additional contacts other than directly with the rescue. Feel free to contact them if you personally wish to give the dog a permanent home. (y)

Sadly there are about 16,000 dogs put down every year in Ireland in pounds alone -- we have one of the highest pts rates in Europe. At several county pounds the rehome rate is less than 5% and the pts rate is 95%. In pounds if no one takes the dog within 5 days, and the dog isn't reclaimed, it is put down unless rescues intervene. That is why these dogs are always extremely urgent. Only a tiny handful of Irish pounds are willing to work with rescue and of those that do, most charge €25 euro PER DOG just to take them out (though rescue saves them money by taking dogs they'd otherwise pay to put down). Rescues do not generally have money to pay to take dogs so it is a constant struggle.

I have no idea what the current situation is with this dog; waiting to hear back. I would be surprised if owners do not reclaim.

Properly chipped dogs with collar and tags would not run this risk. :(

I will gladly pay any necessary fees to get this little lady out , if someone is willing to foster her, I will transport her wherever she needs to go.

I would love to be able to take her but I just can't do it. I've tried many times to walk neighbours dogs but I always end up in a panic.

Oh karlin i didn't know so many dog's was pts how sad i do hope that lovely little cocker Spaniel get's a nice home soon she look's so sweet

No word back from the pound but have left a message. Age is clearly wrong on the pound website.

Back