• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My contribution to the fund and SM research

Karen and Ruby

Ive been holding off posting this but as Ive signed myself up now I felt its the time to share

I will be taking part in the Superhero 5km run to be held in Regents Park in London on the 13th June 2010

Im hoping that people on this forum will sponser me as well as friends, family and collegues- i have managed to get my best friend to do the run with me

It is one of the only sponsered runs about where a personal choice of charity is allowed.

Ive never been much of a sports person so to run this far has had my closest friends and family in alot of laughter but for the last 3 weeks I have been out running in all weathers getting ready so I have high hopes for myself for June

Im hoping to raise as close to £500 as I possibley can and to share the money between Ruperts Fund and to Clare/Pennys research fund

I have made a little webpage for myself to make it easier for online sponsers which is

http://ruby-charliefund.weebly.com/

Its the easiest way I have found to be able to accept online donations but I have yet to work out how to setup a Sponser Form for people to fill in

The run requires all taking part to dress up as a Superhero so I will take any suggestions!

This is a massive challenge for me and I hope that you can all find it within your selfs to sponser me!!

Many Thanks

If this goes well I will be aiming to run the Marathon next year to raise some more funds!!

Wow, what a great achievement to be preparing for this! I really admire the work that takes. Let us know when you are ready to take pledges as I am sure many will enjoy sponsoring you. :jmp:

WOW Karen that's fantastic, thank you SO MUCH :jmp:
Maybe some forum members in the area will be able to go along and cheer you on the way?:mexwav:

I really admire you - I was never very sporty either so do understand how difficult this will be for you.

Keep posting as to how the training is going - hopefully there will be plenty of support on here for you.

The run requires all taking part to dress up as a Superhero so I will take any suggestions!

This is a massive challenge for me and I hope that you can all find it within your selfs to sponser me!!

Many Thanks

If this goes well I will be aiming to run the Marathon next year to raise some more funds!!

Never mind dress up as a superhero, any one doing something like this is already a hero in my eyes.
I will certainly sponsor you.

The only well known female superhero that I can think of is Wonder Woman.

I will sponsor you too and put a link on my website! Perhaps create a cartoon of you being followed
by a lot of Cavalier Puppies! :*nana:

Congratulations! I would love to sponsor you as well. That cartoon would be so cute Tania.

Gosh, what a superb idea and effort - well done you and good luck. I'll be sponsoring you too.
Cheers, Marie-Anne

Back