• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Our Girl Belle Has Lost 2 Pounds on her Diet!

Desrae

:rah: It seems like everyone in the house is on a diet (humans and dogs) and Belle has done the best job by far. About a 6 weeks ago the vet said she had to go on a diet because she was 4 pounds overweight. She's just under two years old and seemed to have put on a huge amount of weight after her spaying when she was a pup. We weighed her yesterday and she's lost 2 pounds. YAY! I wish I could say the same for meself...

It is a little depressing when the dogs do better than us on their diets! I know how that feels.... :rotfl: Well done Belle and you as it is the owner's careful watching that helps get the weight off and it can be tough to have the self-control. :)

Good job! She'll feel so much better once all the weight is off. I know how hard it is, keep it up.

Congratulations. I wish Leo was doing as well he has only managed 1 pound since Christmas, at least it's a step in the right direction I guess.

Well done to you. I know exactly how difficult keeping the dogs the right weight can be. Despite Pippins early success at losing a pund, he still needs to lose 2 more, but it's not shifting. The trouble is, OH thinks Pippin isn't fat, so I suspect that he's giving him more food than he needs.:neutral:
Anyway, as OH doesn't always listen to me, I asked the vet today when I took them for their boosters. She has confirmed Pippin needs to lose some more so I can now start the converstation ......... "the vet says..."

Keep up the good work.

Thaks fantastic!
Please let me know your secret....
I have a 2 year old that has put on 2 lb and a 3 year old who has put on 1lb and I have halved their food amount!!!!!
What am I doing wrong, what food do you suggest, I am giving them Pets at home dry food.
Thanks
Amanda

Hi Funkymanda-
I took Belle to the vet and he had confirmed she needed to lose a few. So he presribed a special diet food called Hills Science Diet. It's REALLY HIGH in fiber, she has about 4-5 poos a day on it, which before that it was the average 2-3. I think the fiber helps make her feel full and is helping with the weight loss. Also, will-power, on my part, where I don't give in and give her any more treats. The only treats she gets is a carrot stick, some banana chips or a little lump of peanut butter- all of which she has loved since being a puppy. I think the worst thing that made her gain so much so quickly is her spaying (which is a necessary thing). That led to slowing her metabolism and her favorite thing to do is- sleep. Also I used to feed her those awful prefabricated treats that has God knows what in them. I try to keep it natural now. And I've tried a few of my own homemade treats which both of my cavaliers really love.
The best thing to do is get them looked at by your vet. Good Luck with your pets' weight loss!

Back