• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Teach your cavalier to lay at your feet at a cafe!

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I just love this trainer's videos. What a great skill for a dog -- here's something to work on for the weekend!

Thanks for posting this, Karlin!

I'm starting my home training sessions today, to prepare for taking my cavaliers to Panera for outdoor dining this Spring. :thnku:

What a great trainer, she makes that so simple. Will try that out as Dylan pulls all over the place when I'm at a cafe. He only lies down on the bus as I do ignore him and pet him only when he's down. Thanks for posting, I subscribed to her.

what a good video! thanks for posting it, karlin:)

i trained my dogs in a similar way, and i have no worries about going to restaurants or cafes with them, because they are well behaved and lie under the table as long as it takes.

Tried this today but a different approach, I didn't ignore Dylan till he lay down but kept him in a "sit". It all went horribly wrong when he decided to pee on my chair leg and got my boots and jeans in the process :eek:

We took India and Chocolate to an outdoor cafe for lunch this week while Geordie was getting his MRI. They were wonderfully well behaved. They each got to have two bites of lettuce from my salad and little bites of crunchy baguette crust. I will have to check the camera and see if we have photos!

Back