• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What does Meal stand for?

Sabby

When it says on dog food ingredients lamb meal, chicken meal what exactly does the Meal stand for? I am looking into better kibble for my three and I have looked at Orijen and Arden grange and they all got Meal listed in their ingredients.

it would be something like meats that are freeze-dried after cooking, such as for backpacking and emergency food rations...
However, this doesn't mean that all meat meal is of poor quality and should be avoided. Just like with any other dog food ingredient, there are many different levels of quality
The following website has some really useful information for finding out about named ingredients -
http://www.dogfoodproject.com/index.php?page=meat-meal

All that means is meat that has been processed so that the water has been removed.

Pat

Back