• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Alfie has a buddy .

Molski

Any of you have that have read my previous posts (there havent been many) would of read that i recently lost my little girl Molly, she was my absolute world, i adored her and have taken it very badly, she left me and my wife and her little brother Alfie broken and struggling to do anything other than mourn for her. Honestly i could never find all the words to explain just how wonderful she was. Alfie her little brother has been very depressed and we knew we would have to get him a buddy at some point as he would never be happy being the only cavalier in the house, the only thing is we really didnt feel ready but told ourselves we would have to put Alfie's needs first so we knew a breeder who was having a litter in march and the puppies would be ready mid may . This sounded perfect because it gave us a couple of months more to get use to the idea of having a new puppy in our lives, as all we really wanted was Molly back . Also this litter would be Blenheims and Tri-colours , now Molly was a tri-colour and Alfie is a Tri-colour and we were adament we wanted a girl and she had to be a Tri-colour (they are our favourites). The litter was born the friday just gone and my breeder called to say good news ,there were 3 girls,2boys, bad news (for me) they are all blenheims ! In conversation she said i dont suppose you would like a ruby girl who her potential new owners didnt want as she has a hernia(Molly also had a hernia when we picked her up from the kennel she was in) , mmmm i dont really i said as i have my heart set on a Tri ....... but could i come along anyway to see her , Yes of course the breeder said , so off we went on a good 150mile trip to have a look at this little ruby cavalier ......... oh my god she was amazing , she had eyes that could melt your heart , and they did, me and my wife fell for her instantly , she is 11weeks old and is currently at work with my wife and her new big brother Alfie , so much for waiting until May and me being adamant i had to have a tri-colour . We just couldnt leave her once we had seen her, she is so loving and cuddly and cute ,and had all the relevant checks of course . wow she is cute . If it wasnt for you Molly we wouldnt of seen how powerful the love of a cavalier is and youll always be in our hearts , you were the ray of sunshine in our life and its shining on now through Alfie and of course little Polly ..........pictures will be added later

Last edited:
Congratulations, what have you called this little ray of sunshine? I look forward to
seeing some pictures. How is Alfie ? cl*p

Congratulations, what have you called this little ray of sunshine? I look forward to
seeing some pictures. How is Alfie ? cl*p

Thank you Tania , the little ray of sunshine is called Poppy:) , Alfie is a bit unsure as to what this new puppy is doing in his house but he is such a loving doggie i think by wednesday they will be cuddling , and Alfie loves to be cuddled !

I am so happy you found her. It doesn’t matter what colour they all melt your heart.
How is Alfie getting on with her?
:snap: please.

I'm so happy you decided to take the risk and travel to see that cute little ruby and I'm glad she stole your heart. She'll never replace Molly but will be her own sweet cavalier self. Congratulations and have fun with Poppy.

Thank you all, such nice comments and we truelly adore her already , photos will be taken tonight :p

I am so happy you found her. It doesn’t matter what colour they all melt your heart.
How is Alfie getting on with her?
:snap: please.

Hello Sabby , well Alfie is playing his cards very close to his chest , he doesnt quite understand what this new little puppy is doing in his house but Alfie is such a softy that my guess is by weds/thursday they will be cuddling up together , Poppy is doing her best to make Alfie love her !:)

Oh I was bought to tears reading your post, im soooo happy for you that you have a new bundle of Joy.
Alfie will love her just as much in time! It took Ruby a couple of weeks before she was cuddling up with him on the sofa!! Now they are inseperable

Nothing will replace Molly, Ever...but for now Alfie has a new companion and you have a tiny pup that will keep you occupied for hours a day!!!

Well done and Congratulations!!

Welcome Polly. I'm sooo happy that you took a chance that day and found each other. Hope you all have very many happy years together,

Congratulations on your addition of Poppy! Can't wait to see photos of her and Alfie. When we got Abigail, I thought I wanted a tricolor, but our little blenheim stole our hearts.

Heather R

Ah thank you all, yes she is so lovely , by the way i dont usually dress my dogs in clothes but she was so cold my wife made her a little black jumper out of her sleeve on her jumper to keep her warm.

Ah thank you all, yes she is so lovely , by the way i dont usually dress my dogs in clothes but she was so cold my wife made her a little black jumper out of her sleeve on her jumper to keep her warm.
lol i did the same . we got ruby the end of october and couldnt find anything small enough to fit her ..so i got a old cashmere jumper and cut the sleeve off cut two holes in for her forelegs and voila ! really cosy and she had so many people ask where i got it . in fact she has it on now it a snug fit but its to stop her getting at her stitches after her spay . enjoy your little one :jmp:

Oh my she is gorgeous - may she bring you years of joy, and become a loving companion to Alfie.

Back