Thread: Ingredients are the save?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ingredients are the save?

I have been given an American Cookbook for dogs. They say all the ingredients they use are safe for dogs and I am sure this is the case. I am just wondering about things like peanut butter, peanuts, walnuts, carob powder and vanilla. Any thoughts on that?

PS. My spelling is terrible this morning.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've always read that walnuts are bad for dogs, because they can harbor fungus/mold, which dogs are much more sensitive to than most humans are.

I've stopped feeding my dogs peanuts and peanut butter for the same reason. I'm allergic to molds, and peanut butter, even peanut butter in a candy bar or granola bar, gives me migraines and all sorts of problems, so I'm just assuming there is mold present in it...
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

I would take that cookbook with a grain of salt. There are lots of books published, on any topic, that are mostly bunk. Just like the internet; you can't believe everything you read. I suggest you do your own research and ask your vet.