Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Happy Ending

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think it is a happy story, Brian: sounds like she needed the spay and that will have been easier than to have risked the full pregnancy as it sounds like something wasn't quite right. On the other hand, sounds like she would be a good tame cat after a little work; she doesn't sound all that feral at all. Mostly just needs someone to work with her. But she will also fit in with your gang I should think. Either way good for you for getting her in and spayed. Doing that alone stops an endless cycle in which most offspring die young and diseased, or of starvation -- cats actually do not survive easily fending for themselves anymore than dogs would. They often end up with feline HIV or feline leukemia if not neutered as then they are more likely to pass or acquire this diseases through bites/scratches from fighting/mating. You've done exactly the responsible thing. I love tortoiseshell cats; I could easily fill a house with them!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello

I called to see her yesterday and also to talk face to face to the people ,they told me that when they went to take her to the vets last Tuesday she was literally bouncing off all the walls of her unit before she was caught so they really don't think shes tame enough to be a house cat ,so I have agreed to collect her Monday and take her back to our little family were at least she will have company and be fed 7/7 .I didn't want to take her yesterday as I thought couple of extra days healing and peace and quiet in the warmth would be nice for her before she comes home ,but 10 out of 10 to the rescue center and their no pts policy ,they rehomed 920 cats last year thats nice but its also a lot of unwanted poor pets to start with ,I too a photo of her I shall post later but off to so some gardening in the sun with my four little helpers oh and my new hero android phone has got Daisy's teethmarks on it already ,BLxxxxxxx Lorankas .

Its nice and clean and warm

http://rspcawirral.piczo.com/?g=1&cr=5
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

Had a phone call from Cross Lane yesterday asking me if I could go and get Trio as they needed her room ,so she is back here with us all and seems fine .About 1/2 hour after I let her go she crept out from under the lads canteen and grabbed some chicken from the food dish so shes at least eating though I haven't seen her today but she should be around somewhere, and they all drift in for food at varying times apart from Big Ginger who is always waiting for me for his breakfast when I arrive at 7.50 .So as I said before not the complete happy ending I so wished but Trio is healthy and seems OK and at least now shes had a vet check and been spayed .

PS They had 24 kittens in their units and were confident of finding homes for all ,I could of happily stayed all afternoon and helped .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T