• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Plaque Off, and similar products

lorebringer

Just wondering if anyone uses "Plaque Off" or similar products? Are they any good? Are they ok for delicate bellies?

Dylan has a sensitive tummy but I fine these products are fine.

I use a rubber finger mitt type thing to brush Dylan's teeth and I use to repeatedly go back to the tube and take little blobs of paste and rub it on his teeth. My vet told me this can spread germs back to the tube from the mouth and contaminate the paste. So now I put a little on a plate and use from there. Over the top maybe but you have to be careful with delicate tums.

hi

See one of ny previous threads ,loads more info and better, and use a toothbrush much better ,if you cant find it pm me and I will look it up

We've been using plaque off for a few weeks now, and it is really starting to make a difference. Both of mine can have easily upset tummies, but they have been ok with this. Even the bad staining on Pippins overbite is starting to come off.:jmp: I brush their teeth, and also use a microfibre finger tooth cleaner (like Brian I've posted on previous threads about these). I find them so good I stocked up at Crufts yesterday. Along with plenty of other shopping.:D:D

We've been using plaque off for a few weeks now, and it is really starting to make a difference. Both of mine can have easily upset tummies, but they have been ok with this. Even the bad staining on Pippins overbite is starting to come off.:jmp: I brush their teeth, and also use a microfibre finger tooth cleaner (like Brian I've posted on previous threads about these). I find them so good I stocked up at Crufts yesterday. Along with plenty of other shopping.:D:D

I have been using Logic toothpaste for quite a while now. Not sure how long but 2 years perhaps. I used to need to get their teeth cleaned by the vet every year, but they have so little tartar on them it hasn't been necessary. It's a bit on the expensive side but cheaper than dentals for five.

The thing I like so much about it is that the dogs can lick the paste off a paw, or in our case, the lid of a jar, with nothing else needing to be done. Just as well because I always hated cleaning teeth and they absolutely loathed it.

I use Virbac oral hygiene rinse for mine and find that in terms of dentals, it provides quite effective plaque control. I also use the virbac enzymatic toothpaste for brushing, but mine prefer the rinse to brushing.

Last edited:
I had never heard of Plaque Off, but it sounds really good, could do with something like that for Jasper. Did look in Pets and Home yesterday but they have sold out. Is there anywhere else you can get it from?

Dylan doesn't have plaque but he does have a tiny bit of staining near the gum line which I find nearly all comes off when I give him a bone.

I think I'll try Plaque Off too. Is any one brand better than the others? :)

I had never heard of Plaque Off, but it sounds really good, could do with something like that for Jasper. Did look in Pets and Home yesterday but they have sold out. Is there anywhere else you can get it from?

You can order it online, and it tends to be a lot cheaper that way. I stocked up at Crufts :D so we're set with a years supply now.

Dylan doesn't have plaque but he does have a tiny bit of staining near the gum line which I find nearly all comes off when I give him a bone.

I think I'll try Plaque Off too. Is any one brand better than the others? :)

Hi Pauline,
I have pm'd you.

We sell alot of this at work..

I work at a holistic pet supply store and we sell a ton of Plaque Off! I haven't tried it yet myself, but my customers swear by it. I even have a customer come in who is a dentist and says this really does the trick for his dogs. (y)

Never used Plaque off on mine I have been using Logic since Ziggy was a puppy. Then after reading on here I have in the last week brought petzlife gel and spray and can see results already. I think that the post made by Brian M post should be made a sticky as it shows some very good products indeed and more importantly they work.

Back