• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Where can I look up pedigrees?

Claire L

I just came accross my Rudee's pedigree cert and there are lots of names on it. I would love to look up some of them up to see if they are real. She has a few Ronnoc relations :)

Anyone know where or how to look them up?

:thnku:

Where Can I Look up Pedigrees ?

A great Site is cavalierpedigrees.com

You will get the In -Bred Information on it as well.

I have explained though , this is no use to Cavalier Breeders for their Breeding Programs, they have got to get that advice from Drs Blott and T.Lewis.from the EBV Information.who will know how In-Bred the Cavaliers are ,but, and this is so important ,what the Health Problems are in the Back-ground of the Cavalier they are enquiring about.

Those two ways have got to go Hand in Hand.,to be of any use in helping our Cavalier Breed get out of the Mess it is in to-day because of the Two Serious Health Problems afflicting Cavaliers , SM and MVD.

Bet

Though mostly accurate, there are scattered errors in the online databases as well. With some, anyone can enter information, and sometimes there are clearly mistakes in transcribing or perhaps on the original pedigrees.

Forgot to add: you may not find any of the named cavaliers n the online databases. Few irish breeders have entered any information on these, and many breeders are very far away from any show lines that would be on the databases. Unless there are clear kennel names you probably won't find anything except perhaps 4-5 generations back. There are only a handful of Ronnoc dogs on the online databases.

I find a good (and pretty accurate) starting point for pedigrees is the Cavalier Club's book, CKCS Champions 1928-1999. There are two Ronnoc champions listed (with photos), Ch R Rhum of Sancem and Ch R Rumba; they both have 3-generation pedigrees, which can lead you on to other pedigrees in the book. So there are 2-generation pedigrees of their parents, R True Luck, R Pollinella and R Looby Loo, and also other Ronnoc dogs in other pedigrees. Let me know if this is any help, and I'll do some research! I love hunting pedigrees, but Oliver's now got a 10-generation chart, and Aled hasn't got one at all, so it would be fun to do some more detective work!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

I'll scan it tomorrow and send it to you if you wish. I totally forgot that I had it. When we got our Rudeepoohs back in 1994, I hadn't a clue about pedigrees or in breeding health problems etc. We just wanted a Cavalier to become a member of our family and we were blessed that she lived to 12 years and 9 months. I didn't register her because I didn't realise that I had to so I just have the pedigree cert that her breeder gave to me but there is 4 or 5 generations listed on it .

Back