• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pussy cat Remington got his wings

Mimi

Hi very sad day today one of our cats Remington got his wings .
Rem was diagnosed last year with hyperthyroidism but was doing well on medication. Last week he got very ill and had to stay at the vets on a drip his kidneys were failing . He came home today but had a bad seizure and we had to bring him back to the vet . The vet had to give him his wings . I've never had to make that decision before .
Rem was a long haired Persian blue , a beautiful cat that loved chasing birds and begging for ham . He loved nothing better than sitting in his favorite place for a nap and sunning himself in the garden .
He was around 11 years old we rescued him in 2000.
He will be missed
Watch out birdies Rem has wings now .
Mimi

Sorry to hear of your loss, I to have had the horrible decision to make recently, you did your best. It is coming up to two years since our Klaud ( black long haired Pesian ) passed away, he will show Reminnton the ropes. In a house full of dogs, he was always the boss, thats why we called him King Klaud. RIP all our loved ones

So sorry to hear of your loss, Mimi. I know he will be badly missed and he sounds like he was quite a character and a handsome boy, too.

It is very hard to make such decisions -- the final decision of responsibility and love for anyone in that very difficult position. You removed the burden of suffering from him though after giving him a very loving home throughout his life. :flwr:

So sorry to hear this news :( He sounds like he was quite a character and obviously very handsome too.

It's always a hard decision, but you did the right thing - it's the kindest, most loving thing we can do.

My sister has Persians, they are such wonderful cats.

I'm sorry to read your sad news. Sounds like Rem had a very good life and was quite the character.

Watch out birdies Rem has wings now

That line made me smile.......... hope it makes you smile too :hug:

Back