Thread: 5 hours left and counting!!....

Post Thanks / Like

Talking 5 hours left and counting!!....

We go pick up our little girl tonight! Can't wait to see what big brother Lucky Day thinks of his new sister. I'll post pics soon! One question though, should they have their own toys or do they share??
    Lucky Day, M, Blenheim, born May 17, 2008
    Lady Love, F, Blenheim, born January 10, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vgaffney83 View Post
    We go pick up our little girl tonight! Can't wait to see what big brother Lucky Day thinks of his new sister. I'll post pics soon! One question though, should they have their own toys or do they share??
    How exciting , bet you are counting the hours, well when i had molly and alfie we only had one set of toys as alfie doesnt play at all and molly loved playing , now we have poppy and same thing really as alfie doesnt play with toys at all........i havent been any help have i ! Sorry .
    Molly RIP 04/08/2000 - 18/01/2010 -Forever in our hearts xx

Post Thanks / Like

oooh how lovely id love another ,think i will wait till rubys about 1 yr or so. dont know about the toys but would think as long as theres plenty of them they would be happy to share?? maybe they will come to each have their own favourites but they dont seem a breed that would be possesive

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vgaffney83 View Post
    I have a 10 week old and a 14 month old...boy Blenheim boys. I bought seperate toys for Porthos as D'Artagnan had only had his toys for 6 weeks (we bought him in January)...so I didn't want to cause problems. They pretty much play with eachothers but D'Artagnan does like his chewed up stuffed elephant and so does Porthos, so sometimes there are meaningful, soulful looks from D'Artagnan if Porthos runs past dragging the elephant.
    ~*~*~*Susan*~*~*~

D'Artagnan 08/12/08 Porthos 28/12/09

Post Thanks / Like

My dogs always have their own toys BUT for the most part they share. Some may disagree but I watch and see how they are doing. If they are sharing and no one is agitated or hogging all the toys then I just let them sort it out among themselves. However, if it looks like one is starting to be selfish or obsessed such that I fear we might end up with toy aggression than I intervene. The key is to teach all of your dogs whether you think they need it or not the Leave It and Drop It commands. You can control almost anything if you have those down pat plus a reasonable recall (Come).

Best of luck with you new puppy.

Phyllis
    Phyllis in West Virginia USA with two Clumbers and a Cavalier Named Buddy