Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our little Cherub, Chloe

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our little Cherub, Chloe

It is with a very heavy heart that I have to tell you all that our little cherub Chloe was put to sleep this morning.
    She suddenly 'wasn't quite right' , we took her to the vets on Monday morning, she had blood taken on Tuesday morning and the results that came back were devastating.
    Serious kidney disease and a serious problem with her liver.
    We couldn't believe the speed with which this had happened, she was running round the field in the sun on Saturday and dancing after her tea of fresh cooked chicken. She must have been suffering for a while, but was always a game little dog, and we just thought that, at 12 years of age, she was slowing down.
    She deteriorated dramatically yesterday, and my hubby and I nursed her while she found peace.
    She has come home and is now laid next to little Sammy, who we lost to heart disease 11 months ago.
    Our house seems so empty today; the two boys, Toby and Harry, said goodbye to her when we brought her home, and even they seem subdued.
    I have had tears streaming down my face all day, even now while I am typing, and hubby, who is never prone to emotion, has had tears rolling down his face.
    Sleep peacefully, Cherub, and run fast and free with the sun on your back at the Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry for you and your husband. Especially loosing Chloe so sudden. My heart goes out to you.
    Run free little Chloe
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear this. Thoughts are with you

xxx
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like

So very sorry for your loss, emsley. My heart is breaking for you, losing two doggies in one year must so difficult. I'm sure that Sammy was waiting at the bridge for Chloe and they are running free together, no pain and only joy.
    Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. We're here for you!

Post Thanks / Like

It is always so sad to have to let them go, especially so suddenly and at such an age. I was looking after a friend's elderly JRT once when the same thing happened, so I know how very traumatic it can be.

Healing thoughts are with you all. Hang on to all the good memories now and think of her running free with all our Bridge babies

Marie-Anne taken over by
    Hattie (Blenheim) Poppy (Blenheim) + Lucy (Shih-tzu)
    Louie, Joss, Peppa, Megan, Victoria all waiting patiently at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry. Run like the wind Chloe!
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

I feel for you and your husband at this time , i know how you are feeling and may Chloe run with my Molly at Rainbow bridge x
    Molly RIP 04/08/2000 - 18/01/2010 -Forever in our hearts xx

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry Emsley. I can't imagine the pain you are in right now having just lost Sammy less than a year ago. Take time to grieve and then remember her with a smile.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to see that Chloe has left you. Run free and strong little one.

Post Thanks / Like

Emsley, I'm so very sorry to read your sad news. It must have been quite a shock to you both to lose your precious girl Chloe so suddenly. My heart goes out to you both at this very sad time
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....