• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Our little Cherub, Chloe

emsley

It is with a very heavy heart that I have to tell you all that our little cherub Chloe was put to sleep this morning.
She suddenly 'wasn't quite right' , we took her to the vets on Monday morning, she had blood taken on Tuesday morning and the results that came back were devastating.
Serious kidney disease and a serious problem with her liver.
We couldn't believe the speed with which this had happened, she was running round the field in the sun on Saturday and dancing after her tea of fresh cooked chicken. She must have been suffering for a while, but was always a game little dog, and we just thought that, at 12 years of age, she was slowing down.
She deteriorated dramatically yesterday, and my hubby and I nursed her while she found peace.
She has come home and is now laid next to little Sammy, who we lost to heart disease 11 months ago.
Our house seems so empty today; the two boys, Toby and Harry, said goodbye to her when we brought her home, and even they seem subdued.
I have had tears streaming down my face all day, even now while I am typing, and hubby, who is never prone to emotion, has had tears rolling down his face.
Sleep peacefully, Cherub, and run fast and free with the sun on your back at the Bridge.

I am so sorry for you and your husband. Especially loosing Chloe so sudden. My heart goes out to you.
Run free little Chloe

So very sorry for your loss, emsley. My heart is breaking for you, losing two doggies in one year must so difficult. I'm sure that Sammy was waiting at the bridge for Chloe and they are running free together, no pain and only joy.
Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. We're here for you!

It is always so sad to have to let them go, especially so suddenly and at such an age. I was looking after a friend's elderly JRT once when the same thing happened, so I know how very traumatic it can be.

Healing thoughts are with you all. Hang on to all the good memories now and think of her running free with all our Bridge babies

Sparklingtulip.gif
Sparklingtulip.gif

I feel for you and your husband at this time , i know how you are feeling and may Chloe run with my Molly at Rainbow bridge x

I'm so sorry Emsley. I can't imagine the pain you are in right now having just lost Sammy less than a year ago. Take time to grieve and then remember her with a smile.

Emsley, I'm so very sorry to read your sad news. It must have been quite a shock to you both to lose your precious girl Chloe so suddenly. My heart goes out to you both at this very sad time :hug::hug:

Emsley, so sorry to hear that your dear Chloe has been given her wings. Her memory will stay with you forever. :hug::flwr:

It's very hard to lose them so suddenly - but hopefully in time it will be a comfort that she didn't have to face months of illness.

Kidney and liver are very hard - usually by the time they show any symptoms there is little available in the way of treatment.

It's lovely that she reached 12 years of age - a tribute to your loving care. She was obviously enjoying a wonderful life with you, and I'm sure you will have many happy memories to treasure once the tremendous sadness of losing her eases a little.

We are all thinking of you - your other Cavaliers will find it hard losing their companion, I know you will probably not want to walk them at the moment but it helps if they are tired and are kept in their routine.

Take care of yourselves

I am so sorry for what you are going through, I am still raw from our loss, and everyone send you our thoughts, keep strong for your other two, they will keep you going

So sorry

I'm so sorry to read about Chloe.I'm crying as I type this.

Cavaliers open up something so wonderful within our hearts.

Sending all our love and warm thoughts to you all :hug:

xxx

Im so sorry to hear your loss of Chloe, my heart & my thoughts go out to you all at this terrible time. I hope the happy memories give you some comfort.:hug:
God bless Chloe:flwr:

Thank you all for your kind wishes - it does mean a lot.
Lots of tears again this morning - we had such a lovely 'sympathy' card from the vet.

I am so sorry for you all. You did the very best thing for Chloe, and she has had a wonderful life with you. :hug:

Back