• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Very Sick Prince

Shivers

I seem to be only posting here lately with problems :(

Poor Prince has been out of sorts the past few days but we reached crisis point today and he is now in the vets and he has to stay for a while. He basically just collapsed. He hadnt been eating and drinking much and was much quieter than usual.
At this point the vet thinks it may be Addisons disease which is an adrenal failure but until they get blood work back they wont know for sure. It was very scary and heartbreaking to see him like that.
I will call them first thing for an update as they are trying to stabilise him with fluids through an IV. In the mean time can everyone just say a little prayer for him please.

Aww God Siobhan, I'm so sorry to read about poor Prince. You must be up the walls. Sending lots and lots of prayers for Prince and Hugs for you and Belle -hope she's not missing him too much :hug::hug:

Hope you get good news in the morning :xfngr:

Oh no, I am so so sorry to hear poor Prince is ill. It's particularly hard when you are dealing with other things as well. I hope he will come through OK -- if anyone else has had experience with this condition in their dogs perhaps you can let Siobhan know as it always helps to talk to someone who is familiar with an illness first hand. Hoping he is a lot better soon. :flwr:

Lots of healing thoughts wafting Prince's way from us too - even those of us who have no experience of this disease can imagine what you are going through. Fingers crossed for you all.
Heartblowingpoog.gif

Siobhan, we are so sorry to hear about Prince. We really hope he feels better soon. :hug:

Sending huge prayers and positive thoughts out to you and Prince. Hugs for you and Belle. Hang on in there Siobhan, we are thinking of you.

Oh goodness I'm so sorry, that is terrifying for you.

This looks quite an informative site http://www.addisondogs.com/

This is not a condition of which I have personal experience - I can't even think right now of any fellow Cavalier owners whom have dealt with it...I know it really helps to have that back up.

Keep us posted as to how he is doing - in the meantime try to look after yourself so you are strong for him...

I am so sorry to hear about Prince. Positive thoughts and prayers are coming your way.:hug::hug:

Thank you everybody for your kind words. I just called the vets for an update and the nurse said he is still very quiet and collapsed this morning. He is going to have more IV fluids now and the vet will be in at 10am and I can speak to him then about his plan of action.
They were taking blood last night and the vet said that they do an initial screening there in the practice but if anything more comprehensive is needed they send it out to a lab.
I'll give you a better update when I get one myself. Belle is pretty sad and was quite off her food. She is like Prince's little shadow and she will be heartbroken if anything happens to him. She did have a little bit to eat and drink this morning so i'll just have to keep her distracted today.

Thanks for the update Siobhan. Hopefully another few hours on a drip will be beneficial to Prince.
Keeping fingers and toes crossed here :xfngr: Hugs to you and Belle - hang in there :hug::hug:

Back