Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad news today

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry to hear about Rubes. I know how you feel, when I went for Ebony’s booster last year she was diagnosed with a heart murmur at only 2 ˝ years old. I cried all the way home. But after I saw a Cardiologist who explained it very well I felt a lot better. Like others said Cavaliers can live a happy life with medicine. Just wait until you see a Cardiologist. I know the waiting is the hard part. Keep us informed. Sending lots of
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone,youre all so lovely& those messages have made me feel more positive,we all know its a possibility but its still come as a shock. Im sure i'll have questions when i know more!Ive got over my initial OMG she's going to die& have stopped wailing Rubes seems none the wiser & ive reminded her she has to live until 100,we've all had a quiet day,short walks in the rain but her leg where she got her jab must have been tender as she only pottered along.I feel bad for jelly as today is her 1st birthday(posting on that next) but Brian stopped me feeling too guilty on that-thanks bud.We shall celebrate tomorrow instead!

Thanks again for your lovely posts & support & i will of course update here after tues x
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I remember when my Rudee was first diagnosed with a heart murmer; like you I cried and cried and was up the walls with worrying and freting over her. I used to kiss her every night and say " Just one more summer Rudes, eh!" I ended up saying that for eight + years
    So sorry that Rubes has yet another diagnosis to add to her list but I'm sure the Vet will be able to sort her with meds
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

hard times when the vet delivers sad news - although sometimes animals do get along very well living with their illness...my cat was vet checked last week at 17, she has a heart murmour and was diagnosed with kidney failure three years ago.I came home and cried about it at the time but she's still here and looking great for her age - maybe one more summer!!. We take each day as it comes and as long as she's happy today we don't worry too much about the tomorrows to come