• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Small lump on neck

Sabby

I just noticed a small lump about the size of a marble on the right side of Rosie’s neck. It doesn’t hurt her when I touch it. I then felt the other side of her neck and I am sure there is a much smaller lump. I will take her to the vets on Monday morning, but has anybody got any idea what it could be. I thought it could be her glands being swollen?
I am trying not to worry but this will be on my mind until I see the vet on Monday.

It may well be just a swollen lymph node.
It can happen with ear or even eye infections.Get the vet to have a look,chances are it's easily sorted.
Sins

It may well be just a swollen lymph node.
It can happen with ear or even eye infections.Get the vet to have a look,chances are it's easily sorted.
Sins

Thanks, you have put my mind a little bit at ease. I was going to take her to the vets anyway as I thought her eyes were full of stuff more then the usual morning sleep.

Two days after I brought Daisy home,she developed a discharge from her eyes and her lower eyelids had visible thickening underneath.I remember when the vet examined her,she had two swollen lymph nodes under her jawline which the vet said can happen with eye infections.
So it's entirely possible that a routine minor infection can cause such a lump.
Good luck with your appointment.
Sins

:updte:

Took Rosie to the vets last night.
It’s definitely her glands. He checked the other glands on her body to see if they are swollen and they are fine. He said if they would be swollen as well it could indicate more serious things.
Her ears, eyes and gums are fine but her temperature is slightly up, he said that that indicates that she is fighting some sort of infection. He has given her some antibiotics and some eye cream.

Glad she is ok - sorry I missed this before.

Tommy had very swollen glands when he was fighting an infection that was going around - he was fine within a few days. It is the body mounting an immune response, but your vet was very thorough to check the other glands, definitely worth checking.

That's good news.Well done on spotting the lump so quickly.
Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in and she'll recover in double quick time.
Sins

So glad to hear you are on top of this for Rosie now and trust she will recover in double quick time.

GetWellSoonCavvie.jpg

So glad to hear you are on top of this for Rosie now and trust she will recover in double quick time.

GetWellSoonCavvie.jpg

Ahh that is so cute.
Rosie is saying thank you for all your well wishes and hopes mum is going to stop using those nasty eye drops.

Back