Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruby chest x-ray results

Post Thanks / Like

Just letting you know I am thinking of you.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dear Tupup

All good advice, especially the fact that Ruby herself does not know there is anything wrong.

I know you will worry, but try to relax and just love and enjoy her. The chances are she will be with you for quite some time yet.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

Default little update

Thank you everyone,your help & support is invaluable

Rubes bloods came back as all ok& by thursday our vet had spoken to a cardiologist of my choosing (thank you Nicki ) so now im waiting for the cardio to ring me directly to make an appt, my friends who drive us to our appts & I are on high alert to go at any time,route has been googled etc!

Rubes is doing well,as you all said she doesnt know any different & ive calmed down to only checking her about every 20 steps as we walk along instead of every 2 steps, she's pottering along as normal & doing a little running to catch up & see what Jels might have found!
    I think i will relax a bit after we get her on some meds as the vet hasnt started her on any,he feels it better for the cardio to see her as she is, tho' he would have done of course if i'd wanted to wait to see a cardio.

Thanks again everyone, i'll update as we go but in the meantime please keep her in your prayers x
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to read that Rubes if doing OK. When Jasper got worse during last year and had to have an ECG and heart scan, when the results came back we were just told not to wrap him up in cotton wool, keep him slim and as long as he was still eating and excercises well just to keep an eye on him and act as normal which I found as first to be very hard like you have said.

Post Thanks / Like

Default UPDATE, been to cardiologist.

Hi heres an update as promised,it wasnt great news so i can only state the facts as im trying to hold it together & be positive

We saw a wonderful cardiologist yesterday who we were with for 2 hours,she scanned Ruby,no sedation was needed & Rubes didnt move even once & i was allowed to stay with her thro' out.Rubes diet,weight & amount of excercise got the thumbs up. Her heart however is reasonably advanced condition, 2 leaking valves,one on each side with one worse than the other, which accounts for her heart being enlarged, dealing with the extra volume & chest wall weakened. She feels Ruby has had this for some time but possibly due to her other health issues it hasnt been picked up tho it would have been if she was otherwise healthy.She said Rubes is somewhat older than 6 y.o & will not make double figures. In maybe a year or so she will begin to have the fluid in lungs & stomach & generally,will get a cough etc. She is being started on 3 different tablets to improve her quality of life.Ive to ring her in a few weeks & see her again in 6 months.

Our vet rang today & said he'd had a long conversation with cardio & was I ok? I said at least i know now & he said, yes we can only concentrate on Rubys quality of life now.

I took a deep breath before we left cardio's & asked her to listen to Jellys heart, jels was not at all impressed but was given the ok! This lady was so caring & lovely with my girls I would recommend her anytime,& again thank you Nicki for recommending her to me & giving me her details

I cant tell you all how i feel other than ive sniffed & shaken thro' typing this out & sadly I know too many of you know exactly how i feel

Brian & Tania thank you both so much for ringing last night my friends,it helped x
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dear Tupup,

I'm sending you a hug.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi tupup

Just spotted your post as I have been waiting to read it ,and as promised will ring again tonight .

brian
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm so sorry I think we're all sniffling along with you.

This is really hard to hear - also that she is older than you thought too, but maybe in some ways that makes it easier to hear that her heart is bad {does that make sense?}

I'm so pleased that the cardiologist was good with you and the girls, and great news about Jelly - my friend couldn't speak highly enough of her, she was fantastic with her Cavalier.

I think we've all given all the advice we can offer - but look after yourself too, and remember most importantly, that Ruby DOESN'T know, so she can enjoy life to the full.

We're all thinking of you xx
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of you, Tupup, and all healing thoughts to Ruby. I've been through the same kind of thing 4 times now, so I hope you will find things improve once the new medication has a chance to work.

Cavaliers are just so amazing and, as others have said, they certainly don't know they are ill unless they are having a particularly bad day, so try to stay strong for your little one's sake. You've got lots of support on here.
    Marie-Anne taken over by
    Hattie (Blenheim) Poppy (Blenheim) + Lucy (Shih-tzu)
    Louie, Joss, Peppa, Megan, Victoria all waiting patiently at the Bridge