• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

First Season

My lPuppy just started her first season last night! So far she has taken well to her diaper, so hasn't made a mess. She does seem a little down though; do dogs have tender bellies, etc during their season? Any tips or suggestions would be great!

Thanks.

Sometimes they can be very subdued whilst in season - like us I guess!!

They may even go off their food.

Please don't keep her in a diaper all the time, you need to let the air get to her vulva and allow her the opportunity to learn to keep herself clean.

Maybe confine her to an area where it won't ruin carpets and put covers on the furniture - dog beds should always be washable!!

Most important, keep her indoors - and within sight when she is in the garden. I would not allow her out for walks for at least 21 days - they can be fertile as early as day 5 or 6, or as late as day 22...

I hope your garden is secure as any local roaming dogs will try to get in, also your wee girl will try to get out to find a dog - they're not as innocent as we like to think!

Nicky has given good advice, but be warned that she could suddenly become a sex mad siren:eek: and if there is any possiility of escaping either under, over or through something whilst she is in season she'll spot it. Dogs have been known to mate through chain link fencing, so just keep a careful eye on her.

Back