• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Article in Our Dogs

Article in Our Dogs.

Since Norma Inglis and the Owner of the Chatterbox Web Site, have not removed the mention of my name claiming that I gave the information about the Article which Recently appeared in Our Dogs, I would like to ask them both ,since it appeared approx 24 hours earlier on the CC List, why are they saying I am responsible for giving out that information.

I would love to get the answer from either of them.

Also could I remind Norma Inglis that the Chairman of our UK CKCS CLUB ,had written on the CLUB WEB SITE ,24-3- 2009.

There are many Members who are still not prepared to Health Check their Breeding Stock ,and of those who do ,it would appear that many would not hesitate to Breed from affected Animals.

This is still to be seen on another Web Site.

Bet

Karlin I think you may have got this wrong. So far as I know, Norma did not repost the entire article but took note of Carol Fowler's dissatisfaction with the part referring to the suggestion that she was paid to take part in 'Pedigree Dogs Exposed', and so, with Steve Mynott's agreement, excluded the contentious part. If you look at the permalink you will find that this is the case.

Yes I am aware of what was posted. (y) How did she know that Carol had written to the editor regarding the article? icon_nwunsure And which sentence to remove? There's nothing to indicate either that the publication or author gave permission for it to be reposted in its entirety in her column.

It must have taken a very long time to hand retype it from the printed paper and decide which sentence to exclude. Unless of course she had the author's original digital copy to hand, which would have made it easier to do. :cool:

Also I believe there are several other issues with the article that have been formally raised. Those were only Carol's legitimate issues.

An anonymous article that emotively attacks others, is untrue, and which isn't even fact-checked at the most basic level is truly the sign of the most base of cowards and the laziest of writers.

This week there is a letter from the breed health coordinator of Hungarian Vizlas stating how appalled and dismayed she is that Our Dogs paper allowed such a juvenile piece of journalism to appear in the paper and more so because it was written by quote “an Our Dogs Reporter”, one who cannot put their name to the article.
She wondered about the writer’s experience in either canine health, dogs in general or even journalism as the article was full of sarcasm and quite frankly inane, inaccurate facts.

She finished with the hope that he/she gets their silly journalistic head out of their journalistic waste paper basket before someone comes and gives them a sound kick up the backside, to motivate the person into writing a good piece of journalism.

The Editor of Our Dogs has written "The article in question was intended as a tongue-in-cheek piece"

Maybe someone should tell that to Norma Inglis who along with some close friends, seems to be under the mistaken assumption that it is a serious piece of 'journalism'. :rolleyes:

Someone at that paper also needs to talk to a solicitor for some lessons in how to avoid a costly lawsuit as 'tongue in cheek' is not actually a legally accepted defense for an erroneous, misinformed, unfactchecked attack. Most high school students writing for student newspapers would be aware of this point. :sl*p:

Since I have just noticed the Post on the CC List from the Web Site Owner which includes Norma Inglis' Chatterbox,.

I have challenged both him and Norma Inglis as to why and to give me a reason ,WHY I was Singled out with Letters in Big Print, in Norma Inglis Chatterbox , that I had brought to their Attention the Our Dogs Article ,when they both know perfectly well that the mention of it had appeared on the CC List approx 24 hours earlier, Posted by one of the the More Vociferous Breeders on that List.

Why can they not give me an Explanation about this. ??

This is the Point I would like Clarified.

All I have ever done ,is mention the Serious Health Problems ,SM and MVD in Our Cavalier Breed,and advise any Cavalier Buyer to ask to see a Health Certificate from the Breeder that their Breeding Stock has been Health Tested .

So what is their Reason?

Bet

Back