Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK CKCS CLUB Forth Coming AGM

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default UK CKCS CLUB Forth Coming AGM

I see that the Knives are out already about Proposed Rules trying to save our Beloved Cavalier Breed from Extinction.

One in Particular ,is that that NO Cavalier Dog or Bitch be given the Title of Champion unless it has been Screened for Heart Disease and Syringomyelia.

Why this should be causing an Upset for some Cavalier Breeders ,I have no Idea.

Surely as Night Follows Day , this has to be a way forward for the Cavalier Breed.

Those are the Cavaliers who will be being mostly used in Breeding Programs, particularly the Cavalier Dogs who will be being used at Stud.

I really do think that some Cavalier Breeders have got to move into the 21st Century.

If they are not prepared to do this ,then for the sake of the Cavalier Breed, let the other Cavalier Breeders move on .

If not ,then they will be remembered for doing Irreparable Harm to the Future of Cavaliers.

Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Don't worry, Bet -- some of us love and cherish such posts!

Some well known breeders and club members making public posts about their opposition to such issues, particularly when being sarcastic and unpleasant, and others chiming in, is so useful for sending on to the people deciding on whether legislation is necessary to force breeders to focus on health if they are unwilling to do so voluntarily. Such comments in the past helped shape the recommendations suggesting legislation might be necessary in the near future, that came from three separate reports, including one part-funded by the Kennel Club. Many such comments were (and are) routinely sent on to those working on the reports and those in government.

The fact that the ones who post things like this have held various positions such as club health representative is perfect -- it just drives home the point of the need for legislation and outside supervision even more forcefully with those who will be advising on the creation of any needed legislation. And the legislators of course find such statements very insightful to the thinking of club breeders too.

You would think other club members might want such people muzzled by now though, as they only damage the clubs, the KC and the general reputation of breeders -- even a club PR fund cannot paper over the damage.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The more you read about the Post I mentioned on another Cavalier List about the UK CKCS CLUB Forth Coming AGM,the more it must Shock the Lovers of the Cavalier Breed to be being told that the direction of the Club could be changed .

Surely the UK CKCS CLUB only wants First and Foremost the Health of our Cavalier Breed to be improved,I would think that whether you are a Cavalier Breeder or a Cavalier Pet Owner, the way for our Club to go is to get the Cavalier Breed to have Future.

If it is Crucial Decision for Cavaliers not to be given their Title of Champion if they have not been Screened for Heart Disease and Syringomyelia as has been Proposed , if as I understood the Post to mean ,this is a Decision that could be being passed by Fanatics.

I really do hope that I have read the Post wrong.

Does it mean that any-body in the Cavalier World who cares about the Health is Fanatical, that as the Post further Stated ,the Fanatics should not be allowed to Plot the Course of UK CKCS CLUB.

This coming from a Cavalier Health Represenative, I would think for the Lovers of the Cavalier Breed,a leaves a Lot To Be Desired.!!

Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

FORMER health representative.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just wanted to say.........

I agree 100% with this.I feel that this should be the way.I don't feel as though there is enough emphasis - currently - on healthy winners at the moment.Though I understand Crufts, this year were aiming for a "healthy, happy dogs" strategy, which can only be a good thing.

I believe if this was mandatory, a lot more people would be aware of the health challenges facing Cavaliers.IMO too much emphasis is put on winning and not what is,imo,the most important point which is the health,well being and longevity of this wonderful breed.

Rouge

x

Post Thanks / Like

It was the KC at Crufts what said that only happy and healthy dogs go in the show ring and win. The KC was repeating the same thing over and over again. So are we talking double standards again? You canít tell if a Cavalier has MVD or SM by just looking at them unless they are already so bad that it is noticeable. So yes no Cavalier should be a Champion if they are not screened for MVD or SM as Champions produce puppies. And itís the Fanatics that buy the puppies and end up with huge vet bills and the heartbreak.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There are a great many proposals on the Cavalier Club AGM agenda this year. It makes interesting reading.

My guess is that most of the health related items will be defeated by the same people who overturned the decision to include the SM breeding guidelines last year.
    They will turn up in force and unfortunately the less belligerent members, who do not want confrontation and intimidation, will stay at home.

So, what are some of the other proposals? ............

The Cavalier Club committee are making yet another attempt to get the SM guidelines added to their Code of Good Practice.

There is a proposal aimed at stopping me from being elected again to the committee..

There is one, submitted by me, proposing that all committee members set an example by agreeing to breed according to the guidelines while they are serving on the committee.

I also proposed that stud dog and brood bitch trophies were only awarded to health tested cavaliers, and that as the Club has a far flung national membership, postal votes should be allowed for AGM proposals.

There was another proposal asking that committee members should sign an undertaking not divulge any confidential information.
    I would support that proposal, as long as the confidential information had been given and received as part of that member's committee duties,

If the proposers are trying to suggest that nothing about cavaliers or cavalier owners should be mentioned outside of the closed circle of breeders and breed clubs, then that is completely wrong and I would disagree.

Despite the proposers' libellous attempt to link this proposal to my interview on the film Pedigree Dogs Exposed, the information I gave there was not in any way confidential, but was something that was discussed openly and widely with many exhibitors, at more than one show, by the owner of the dog concerned.
    The owner had herself spread the information about the dog's SM status in early 2005.

To try and argue, as some of the more intellectually challenged have done, that widely known and widely discussed information suddenly transform into confidential issues when they reach committee members ears is plainly ridiculous.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes Margaret, I have also received my Communication from the UK CKCS CLUB.

Just wonder if it will only be a matter of time when there will be 25 names gathered to have me Kicked out of the CKCS CLUB.

Having read the Communication, I would think that there is a Stich Up Job in Progress.

Those of you who know the back-Ground to some of the Proposals will understand what I am getting at.!!!

To start with ,why does the Ex Cavalier Health Official ,which I believe to be the case now,Post on another Cavalier List, seeming to be giving the Impression of wanting Cavalier Champions to be given their Title without having the Proof that they had no signs of Syringomyelia or MVD .

How Back-Ward Thinking can you get.

I think I am right in mentioning, would this be the Same Ex Health Official who on another List was Discrediting in a Post ,Mr Simon Swift, the CKCS CLUB Cardiologist,a few months ago.

There are many,many Cavalier Pet Owners in the CKCS CLUB, who I am sure agree with the Health Proposals being Proposed getting passed, and hope that the certain Few Cavalier Breeder Mafia, do not Thwart this from happening .

If these Health Proposals are not Passed, then we True Lovers of our Cavalier Breed will know who to blame, ,and will have to come to the Conclusion that those Certain Few just really don't have the Interests of the Future of the Cavalier Breed.

Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like

There is a proposal aimed at stopping me from being elected again to the committee..

How's that gonna work then??
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Answer to Sin and regional club AGM last week

There is a proposal aimed at stopping me from being elected again to the committee.
    Quote Originally Posted by sins View Post
    How's that gonna work then??
    Sins
    The proposal is that....................

"Any Officer or Committee Member who is removed from his/her position on the Committee by the decision of the membership at a General Meeting (Annual or Special) or in any other circumstances, is ineligible to stand for a position of Officer or Committee Member for a period of five years, ie the period of membership required to entitle a member to stand for an Officer or Committee position"

I am the only person ever removed in such a manner.

I was at a regional club AGM last weekend and was told my proposal that all committee members should lead by example, and agree to breed to the Club's breeding guidelines while on the committee, were against breeder's human rights. It was said to be undemocratic, that there should be equality, that it was hard to get committee members so should not discourage them ( from irresponsible breeding presumably? ) and that the guidelines were not cast iron rules.

( One of the committee members confessed he had actually gone as far as to read the guidelines, and the secretary gave us a rather pompous lecture on how discrimination is the scourge of society )

The KC will have to agree the proposal to block my election if it is passed. I wonder if it could be said to be discriminatory and against my human rights?
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi