Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UK CKCS CLUB Forth Coming AGM

Post Thanks / Like

The KC will have to agree the proposal to block my election if it is passed. I wonder if it could be said to be discriminatory and against my human rights?
    Not sure Margaret,but if passed,it'll sure as heck keep Dogworld in headlines for about six months...
    Should take the heat off the GSD breeders though, and put cavaliers back under the microscope again.
    Just what every breeder needs to see....more negative headlines and puppy buyers running for the hills.
    Sheer genius.....
    *puts away Crystal ball*

Sins

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret C View Post
    The proposal is that....................

"Any Officer or Committee Member who is removed from his/her position on the Committee by the decision of the membership at a General Meeting (Annual or Special) or in any other circumstances, is ineligible to stand for a position of Officer or Committee Member for a period of five years, ie the period of membership required to entitle a member to stand for an Officer or Committee position"

I am the only person ever removed in such a manner.

The KC will have to agree the proposal to block my election if it is passed. I wonder if it could be said to be discriminatory and against my human rights?
    I think it could, it would look as if they are changing the constitution deliberately to keep you out.

I was at a regional club AGM last weekend and was told my proposal that all committee members should lead by example, and agree to breed to the Club's breeding guidelines while on the committee, were against breeder's human rights. It was said to be undemocratic, that there should be equality, that it was hard to get committee members so should not discourage them ( from irresponsible breeding presumably? ) and that the guidelines were not cast iron rules.
    Err yes and where exactly do the dogs rights come in? The right to live healthy etc lives where is that in all this? AND if it's so difficult to get and retain committee members why deliberately block you from standing?
    Briar, Jack, Berry and coeliac cocker Bracken foster cockers Rowan and puppy Simba

"Spaniels In Need"
    (a 'not for profit' rescue organisation)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default UK CKCS CLUB Forth Coming AGM

If I could say , I think there was a Post mentioning about the CLUB's AGM ,and DOG WORLD being kept busy for awhile.

I do hope that more than DOG WORLD will be being kept busy ,that the other News-Papers will get to hear about a Proposal being Proposed ,that before a Cavalier is made up to be a Champion ,they have had to be Health Screened First for SM and MVD... and that if this Blocked then the Public will be made aware of this Fact.

Surely this Proposal must succeed .

The UK CKCS CLUB last year announced that MVD was the CLUB's NO 1 Health Priority .

Also that I believe that it will shortly be being announced by the Kennel Club that the Accredited Breeders will have Mandatory Health Testing for MVD and SM for the Cavalier Breed

I think we all know the MVD Figures ,50% will have a Heart Murmur at 5 years of Age, .

That recently around 60 Cavaliers were MRI Scanned in Australia, not because they were showing Symptoms SM , they had no signs of the SM Disease.

The Shocking Result was that 50% did have SM.

Also now Judges ,this is instructions from the Kennel Club, can withdraw Dogs from Competing at Shows ,if the Judge feels the Dog has a Health Problem.

With the Two Serious Health Problems afflicting Cavaliers ,and cannot be being discovered without a Health Test, then surely it is a Very Small thing to ask that the Proposal not to award Cavaliers the Status of being called a Champion without having been Health Tested is Passed.

If it is Blocked ,then many of us Broken Hearted Owners of Cavaliers who have suffered from these Conditions, will never forgive those responsible for not allowing this Proposal to take place. .

Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default UK CKCS CLUB Forth Coming AGM

Could I get back again to the Forth Coming UK CKCS AGM , I have just been asked by ......I will mention no Names, only to say , by an influential Member of the Cavalier Club , to point out to the List Memers here , that the Kennel Club owns the the right's to awarding CC's and the resulting Title of Champion to Dogs.

I would like to point that this excuse surely does not apply to our Cavalier Breed.

All that is needed ,and I think many Cavalier Pet Owners who watched the Suffering of their Cherished Cavalier Pets, will agree with this.

Why cannot the Proposal be Passed at the AGM, only in Respect of our Cavalier Breed ,who as the World Wide Public is now aware of , the TWO Diseases Decimating Cavaliers, SM and MVD, that no Cavalier is given the Title of Champion unless they have been Health Checked for SM and MVD.

Then the UK CKCS CLUB ,can contact the Kennel Club, who is very well aware of these Two Serious Problems in the Cavalier,with the Request that because this Proposal has been hopefully passed at the AGM, that Cavaliers are a Special Case.

Or are some Cavalier Breeders not wanting this to happen ,and the only way is by saying the word has to come from the Kennel Club.

If the Cavalier Club does not at least pass this Proposal ,and contact the Kennel Club about it, I would think that many Cavalier Pet Owners will be asking some Pertinant Questions.

Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Uk ckcs club forth coming agm

I feel I must answer after receiving E- Mail sent to me this Morning ,now after reading a Post on the CC List saying that on this List ,that it is rather Premature to discuss any Proposals about the Forth Coming AGM.

I will repeat again ,that I was asked to put the Point of view about this on the Cavalier Talk List, specifically this List was mentioned, by an Influential Member of the Cavalier Club,that was why I continued with this Debate, and my Views about why I think the Proposal about not awarding Cavaliers their Champions' Title unless they have been Health Tested for SM and MVD shoud be agreed to.

I am glad I was told to put the request about this on this List, now we can all understand if there are objections to this Proposal ,we Heart Broken Cavalier Owners who have lost our Cherished Cavaliers because of MVD and SM, can ask the question why was this Proposal not Passed ,and to be considered by the Kennel Club.

Hopefully we will get an answer ,as to why the Proposal ,if not Passed the reason why, particularly when the Kennel Club could be contacted and involved in a decision about it.

Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This was Published by the UK CKCS CLUB 1991 in their BREED ADVANCEMENT STUDY.

I think it is Relevant to the Proposal being Proposed at the Forth Coming CKCS CLUB AGM,that before a Cavalier is made up to be a Champion ,they must be Health Tested.

;IT IS OF ABSOLUTELY PARAMOUNT IMPORTANCE THAT THE TOP STUD DOGS AND THE TOP BROOD BITCHES ARE TESTED.

INFLUENTIAL STOCK MUST BE TESTED ,IF NOT, THEN LITTLE PROGRESS CAN BE MADE.;Page 34 of the CKCS CLUB Breed Advancement Study.

As I said ,this was sent to CKCS CLUB MEMBERS in a BOOKLET ,to 1,600 CLUB Members in Britain, and 360 to Club Members in 24 Countries Abroad .

Making an Overall Total of 1960.

Some Club Members even requested an Additional Copy to give to their Vets.

It was mentioned in the Booklet ,that it was disappointing to note that some Cavalier Club Breeders who produce many Puppies ,regularly send Stock Abroad ,have Stud Dogs that are frequently used,and also enjoy Regular Successes at Championship Shows ,failed to respond to a Questionaire ,also included in this comment , was that ,there were a Number of Judges who had Failed to respond.

That was just on 20 years ago, is it a Case ,that for the Health of Our Cavalier Breed .

IT WAS EVER THUS!!!

I will ask again , why is it impossible for the Proposal to be Passed , then the CKCS CLUB Committee go to the KENNEL CLUB ,and ask them to allow , for the sake of the Future of the Cavalier Breed ,for this Proposal for Cavaliers to be Allowed.

Surely there are still not some Cavalier Breeders who will Thwart this way forward for the Health of Cavaliers by not allowing this to happen.

Or are Their EGOS at Stake here ,and not what should be ,their Primary Concern, the Health of our Beloved Cavaliers.
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am not sure about this, this is probably the wrong Thread to be Posting this Information, but here goes anyway.

It has just been Posted on the CC List, about the Encouraging Figures from the Cavaliers examined by Mr Simon Swift ,Cardiologist at the Recent Cavalier Championship Show.

But are they as good as has been indicated on the CC LIST

There were 176 Cavaliers Examined
    In that number ,were 136 Cavaliers aged up to between 4-5 years of age.

16 - 1 Year

48 between 1-2 Years.

35 between 2-3 years

26 between 3-4 years

11 between 4-5 years.

At the UK CKCS CLUB's AGM last year Mr S. Swift , said that about 50% of all Cavaliers have a Murmur by the time they are 5 years old .

He also mentioned that the Database has now over 8,667 Cavaliers who have been Heart Tested on it .

That the Database suggests that 50% of Cavaliers develope Murmurs at a Later age than the 5 Years suggested earlier.

This difference could be because of a reflection of the Selection of Cavaliers Presented who have been brought to the Cavalier Shows,.

This my thought about this, would many Cavalier Breeders bring their Cavaliers to a Cavalier Show who were over 5 years of age, probably not.

Mr Swift further said ,that comparing 1991 and 2009 ,most Cavaliers under 5 were murmur free ,however Most Cavaliers over 6 had a Murmur .

There was little change in the Incidence over 18 years.

He went on to say that ,Disappointingly few Cavaliers are Presented at 5-6 years of age which is the Time that Testing is Critical according to the Cavaliers' Breeding Program.

Do the latest Cavalier Figures from the CKCS Championship Show,fit in with what Mr S. Swift said at last years Club AGM ,so really is the Cavalier Breed any further forward in the fight against their MVD Problem.

Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)