• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

RVC Syringomyelia Survey

Thanks Eddy,
Survey done and submitted.
Happy to report we have a pathological chicken chaser and cat killer!
SM has not daunted her drive for prey.:p
Sins

Someone remind me in the morning! This is where Dylan was diagnosed so I'm very happy to help out.

I have filled this in, I have a cat and bird chaser as well who goes nuts when the postman comes and never comes back when called.:D

For those who filled it in, you'll know why I'm saying I am a pessimist! I think some of the questions could have been more specific. For example, "Does your dog get tired quickly on walks?" I answered no because he's full of beans on a walk but I know how he is when we get home so we don't take long walks. How long a walk can you take your dog on would have been a better question. Anyway, we'll get the results one day and I'm really looking forward to that. I wonder, as the questions hinted this way, are they suggesting SM Cavaliers are more or less clingy than non affected Cavaliers.

I agree Pauline, the questions were very difficult to answer. Re the walking, Chaos won't walk for the first quarter of the walk and has to be pushed in the pram but then she is off like a rocket and could go quite a long way. She might also be clingy but she does not like to be touched so will run off/hide and only rarely will come and sit at my feet and let me stroke her head.

Maybe it's best we don't know what angle they are coming from as it might influence our answers.

I thought the questions about reacting to other dogs was interesting - Bosco can be very unpredicable - sometimes he will bark like mad at another dog, other times he just ignores them. I can't see any difference in his reaction to male or females - I think it depends on the mood he is in :cool:

Last edited:
Back