Thread: Rapid head movement and eye twitching in 7 yr old

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rapid head movement and eye twitching in 7 yr old

sorry I haven't been to the introduction bit yet but I will, but I have two cavliers 5 & 7, have been in pretty good health apart from the younger one having breathing problems every so often, but yesterday night Ali the 7 yr old had a really bad asmath or laboured breathing attack and after she came out of it she started shaking her head rapidly and her eyes were twitching in random directions, I called her and she responded and tried to walk over, it only lasted about 30 seconds and she stopped when I picked her up and talked to her for a while but I'm concerned because she's never done anything like that before, she hasn't done it since either but does anyone know what it could be?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi
    From the description you give it sounds like Vestibulitis, very frightening for both dog and owner the first time it happens.
    Check with you vet but usually there is nothing much you can do but wait till it passes. Sometimes the dog is left with a head tilt.

Have a read of this.

http://avonanimal.com/custom_content...tibulitis.html

Nanette
    HollyDolly

Post Thanks / Like

Here's another link to vestibular disorders in dogs. http://www.canine-epilepsy.com/vestibular.html
    Riley, my SM dog, also has a severe vestibular disorder caused by the SM. She has periods similar to Ali's, but without the labored breathing.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

thankyou, we're taking her to the vet tommorow, its been closed all easter weekend so hopefully she'll be ok. thanks for your help

Post Thanks / Like

nothing constructive to add, but I wanted to say good luck at the visit!
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Good luck at the Vets today. Hope it's nothing serious and Ali is OK
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck today, nothing worse when one of your beloved family members are ill, I look forward to hearing how she got on
    Lucille,

Des, Penny, Bonnie, Zoe & Georgia

Post Thanks / Like

Vet visit moved to tommorow, we're in the country at the moment but my dads driving up to our house in dub to take her to the vet but it'll be closed by the time he gets there so she'll be going in tommorow.. hopefully she'll be ok as I havn't noticed it happening again

Post Thanks / Like

She's going in for a seizure test soon but she's on antibiotics for a cough she caught first and after shes finished the anti biotics the vet is taking her in for a seizure test. Not sure what a seizure test is though...