Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The little thieves

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default The little thieves

Making dinner tonight I heard a crumply paper sound coming from the next room and lots of snuffling noises. When I looked in I saw on the floor... the paper and cellophane wrapper from a rhubarb tart my elderly neighbour 'paid' me with for walking his dogs a while earlier.

Dogs all snuffling about happily, and not a speck on the floor. Under a cabinet, I saw half of the tart tin sticking out. No tart in it anymore.

They had devoured it quietly in seconds before I even noticed! I presume Jaspar was the one who reached up and grabbed the edge of the wrapper and pulled it to the floor, as he is the tallest on his hind legs.

The little monsters!!! Though all I could do was laugh. Jaspar climbed into the armchair and did a rhubarb belch. I assume he ate most of it because he has been lying there like a slug all evening long. Lots of happy stuffed small dogs.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cheeky things...clever Jasper
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Naughty doggies!! One time phoebe and pippa ate 18 small buns between them!! I presume Phoebe ate most of them. I thought they'd both be sooo sick. Not a bother on them.
    BK

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

One time phoebe and pippa ate 18 small buns between them!!

I wouldn't be too sure it was mostly Phoebe; the little ones always seem to have hollow legs. You know Lily! She can lunge and devour things as big as her head in a nanosecond.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Not such a good story, (As it could have killed him or made him very sick...) but my last Cav, Sammy (RIP) snagged a kg of chocolate, coconut rough off my bed....squeezed under my bed (I was a teen at the time) and ate the lot (minus 2 pieces). I came back from answering the phone and wondered where the families DVD night treats had gone, no sign of Sam anywhere BUT, this snorting, snuffling sound from under the bed. The fat little thief could not get out...his belly was full of choc! I ended up lifting the bed and he ran outside, drank heaps of water and ran around with my Mum's daycare kids.

I didn't know about chocolate being bad for them.... (do now). He ate his dinner as normal and was fine! He would have been about 2-3 at the time.

He later died from heart and kidney/liver failure from MVD.
    ~*~*~*Susan*~*~*~

D'Artagnan 08/12/08 Porthos 28/12/09

Post Thanks / Like

Soooo funny,i had to laugh,my two are allways doing something naughty,gone through 3 sets of oven gloves this yr alone.

Post Thanks / Like

OOOh Dear Karlin,
    You are so gonna need a big shovel.
    Rhubarb has a remarkable cleansing effect on the canine colon.Guess what you'll be doing this weekend?

Sins

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sins View Post
    OOOh Dear Karlin,
    You are so gonna need a big shovel.
    Rhubarb has a remarkable cleansing effect on the canine colon.Guess what you'll be doing this weekend?

Sins
    My thoughts exactly, Sins - hope you're well stocked up with pooh bags, Karlin!!

Memories, memories
    Marie-Anne taken over by
    Hattie (Blenheim) Poppy (Blenheim) + Lucy (Shih-tzu)
    Louie, Joss, Peppa, Megan, Victoria all waiting patiently at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

There'll be no need to squeeze any anal glands after Rhubarb Tart, they'll all be shiny on the inside
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

thanks for the picture of the rhubarb!

I had them at the Phoenix Park this morning off in the long grass so whatever came out was beyond my ken...

On the chocolate -- probably a lot was coconut and the chocolate was milk and therefore a lot less worrying -- but those things are sure scary in retrospect! A friend's dogs got a massive bar of dark solid chocolate and three of them were on drips at the emergency vet for a couple of days over Christmas one year -- vet didn't know if one who ate the most would come through as his heart was so accelerated but thankfully they all recovered. A visiting dog that knew how to open doors was the one that let them all in to the room with the chocolate and one got up on the table and knocked the sweets to the floor. They can be clever little stinkers.

They've just had pig's ear pieces so everyone will be explosive in a few hours...
    Karlin