• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Harmony, poundie cavalier

If she was a surrender to the pound anyone could have just gone straight to the pound and adopted her, there is no need to go through DID as she was not in their care yet...

This is not the case (and has been a regular source of complaint to the city council). You have to go through DID on *all* or nearly all dogs (it seems arbitrary when they occasionally home a dog themselves) and pay DID homing fees rather than pound fees. They refused to release this dog to anyone but someone with DID. This has been the case for a very long time. Someone applying *to the pound* for the 10 year old deaf dog that was surrendered and sat in the pound for a week, was refused the dog-- DID apparently make the decisions.

I must say something about the snapping- it might have been an indication that she was ill. There could be all kinds of reasons the family surrendered her... but if you have a pet for 12 years, and if close to them at all, one would just "know" she was feeling unwell or not herself, that's my opinion. The poor creature, she's at peace now anyway.

My heart is heavy for Harmony - and all the oldies who languish.

Peace after pain for this little one at least.

Butterfly13.gif

Back