• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

{Poorly Charlie

Karen and Ruby

Charlie was rushed to the emergency vet yesterday with what I beleived to be an absess that had burst around his rear end. It turned out to be a ruptured anal gland
Poor little man had to endure a very painful clean up and fix up and he was such a very brave boy :(

All be the scratches all over me would say otherwise!

Just wondering what sort of time length we will be looking at before it heals??
He is looking very sorry for himself in his buster collar - Ruby is actually more upset about that than anyone as she is petrified of the thing :eek: She wont go ANYWHERE near him
He is just bashing in to everything with no fear at all!!

Healing thoughts for Charlies little bottom would be mush appreciated :eek:

Oh poor little fella. I'm sure someone can advise you on alternatives to the buster collar. I hope he gets better soon. :flwr:

Sending healing thoughts for Charlie! :flwr:

Chocolate had an infected anal gland several weeks ago - it had to be lanced, then she was given Clavamox for 2 weeks. She improved daily and was back to normal at 2 weeks. Near the end of the first week I was able to trim her hair in the area and give her a bath, which cheered her up immensely. Chocolate wasn't required to wear a cone. She didn't try to lick her sore.

Poor fellow! Lily just had a ruptured gland too, and Leo not long before that. :rolleyes: They take a while to drain and heal. You might try taking the collar off -- most dogs don't really fuss much with the wound. With Lily, I just clipped the hair back and am keeping it clean with an antiseptic vet wash.

Oh poor little Charlie, I so sorry to hear this has happened. When Dougall was neutered the vets wanted him to wear one of these collars, I wasn't happy with this , to start with I made him a collar out of an
incontinent pad (it wasn't handy before anyone asks;)) which ended up looking like the neck collar Margaret has suggested. Anyway he ended up wearing nothing he was fine without. Lots of cuddles to Charlie and Ruby :)

Oh poor wee fellow - and poor Chocolate, this really does seem to be a common problem with Cavaliers.

Hope Charlie will be better soon.

He is doing very well and it is noticably looking much better today. He is absolutly insesent about knawing at himself AS SOON AS i take the clooar off for a bit so its going to have to stay on- although he isn't bothered by it in the slightest.
Ruby is getting used to it slowly- its more the noise it makes when he bashes it that the actual cone itself. Bless her what a wimp!

He is letting me clean it daily which must mean its feeling much better for him! :)

Hi Karen

I have one of the soft collars you can freely have ,let me know by tomorrow night and if you want it I can post it Tues morning first class so you could have it on Wed .So if you think that will be quick enough and it may help tell me tomorrow .I think I got it for Rosie as she didn't like those horrible vet collars and this came to late so its never been used.

Best Wishes

Brian:)

Thanks ever so much for the offer Brian but Im hoping as its healed so well that he will be able to have the collar off on Tuesday when we go for a check up!!!

Fingers Crossed xx

Back