• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Geordie cracks me up!

Cathy Moon

My little guy is so used to his medicine schedule, that he knows exactly what time his pills are due and how many he should get. This morning I gave him one of his new pills instead of two of his old ones, and he stood there waiting for his second pill! So I gave him a second piece of cheese, and he then felt we were fair and square.

Then, just before 2:00 this afternoon, he arrived at his 'pill station' to await his 2:00 pills. Well.. he doesn't get 2:00 pills any longer, so Colin had to give him 2 pieces of cheese, as Geordie is accustomed to receiving!

It will be interesting to see how many days this goes on. :wggle:

How funny they are, when we call "medicine" both Molly and Dougall think it is sweetie time, like
you the medication time has altered but their routine hasn't! :badgrin:

If I am a bit late with Chaos's tabs she will come and stand in front of me just looking until I notice her, so she can definitely tell the time. One good thing about the clocks going forward is that she is still working on winter time and so now I get to sleep in until 7am instead of 6 am and she gets her tabs and dinner an hour later too.

Oh what a star!!

They are so funny - it's amazing how accurate their time clocks are isn't it?

Teddy used to have a 2.30pm dose which has stopped now - but they all used to have a piece of rice cake afterwards. Needless to say they still expect their rice cake at 2.30pm - Fufu might be losing the odd marble :( but she's spot on when it comes to food and is first in the queue :D

So I think you might be stuck with this routine for life...

Will Geordie accept something other than cheese? - it's quite high in salt and we try to go for a low salt diet for the SM affected dogs - not sure if it makes any difference but in theory it makes sense.

Cathy, that is hilarious!! They are such little creatures of habit, aren't they??

How funny is that Cathy?? Isn't it amazing how quickly they get into a routine, how hard it is to break it...and quickly they'll go back to it. I used to tell Jake "let's take a pill" and he knew he would get peanut butter. One time I told him "you're a pill"....and he went running into the kitchen for his peanut butter :D

Back