Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Great Escape? Long post.

Post Thanks / Like

So glad that you got Dylan back unharmed!

Yesterday my hubby was working outside and said that the garage door would be open. Little did I know when I let our golden and Abigail out the side door to backyard that he had also left the back door to garage open.

Next thing I hear is him yelling that dogs got out to the front yard. Fortunately Abigail followed our golden back to the garage . This has also been my biggest fear and now We'll have to be extra careful.

Heather R

Post Thanks / Like

phew that was scary for you . alls well that ends well ruby once got out as we were going shopping and was dancing round on the pavement thinking she was going the park. i was frozen as a car came down the road but she dashed back in the house as i shouted come get the ball first then -needless to say we went the park instead of shopping . i just tried to see it as a reminder of how careful i need to be

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank goodness you found him quickly and nothing bad had happened to him. I've had something similar happen with a gate left open in the past, and it is very scary.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for your kind words and stories, glad I'm not the only one. I've been checking the door so many times since it happened.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

My worst nightmare ! So glad for the little girl & that Dylan is home safe & sound.
    Teri, Remus, Loki, Leopold
    3 cats - Rumor, Serenity, & Thor

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thank God you got him back so quickly Don't even think about why the door was open Pauline; even with the best of intentions and planning, something like this is BOUND to happen once to anyone with a pet so don't fret over it.
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Pauline we've been away for Easter so Im on reading this now

Im so glad you got Dylan back the same thing happened to my friends beagle only last week....she was crying like you...I kept thinking if it was me I'd be hysterical
    Thank God you got him back. There's a lesson for us all to learn there.

Mel X
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like

What a terrible worry. Glad all turned out well

Post Thanks / Like

What a nightmare experience for you Pauline, but I'm so glad Dylan was found safely. And you're right - you are NOT alone. Doors don't get shut tightly, gates don't latch properly or get unintentionaly left open, etc, - it happens to all of us. Even though cavaliers seem to be master escape artists (and I will include Margaret's Fonzi in this category) they are our babies and any one of us would be or have been hysterical in the same situation. I'm glad you had a happy ending.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I just took a couple of presents round to the girls house. She was out but her dad was delighted to hear how impressed I was with his daughter. It's a good feeling making people happy.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'