Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A year has passed

Post Thanks / Like

Default A year has passed

Well just over a year has passed since I lost my best little pal, and even though I have looked at many cavvies, have not been able to take the next step...just cant face it...also the health thing is such a worry.
    Its been a tough year..lots of ups and downs and I still miss Happy Harry so so much. Most days I get through it..I have become soooo dedicated at work...(even after recession pay cuts, am there til late). The odd day I forget that Harry is gone..and I rush home and in the door....but then reality hits.
    I'd just like to say huge thanks to absolutely everyone for being so kind and not saying out loud (although probably thinking it) that I am completely dotty. My fiance is from a farming background so just doesnt get it. Thank you all again x

Happy Harry RIP

Post Thanks / Like

Well i dont think your dotty at all , i lost my best friend Molly in january and everyday just isnt the same without her , so i can relate to what your saying and i still have 2 cavvies. When you get a special connection with your dog it will always be hard and even though there are days that you think your ok , all of a sudden it comes back and smacks you in the face and the realisation that your beloved little friend will never give you a loving hug or lick again , However they will always have that special corner of your heart that no-one else could ever take, just remember that there are other places of your heart that you can give to another special little cavalier who also needs the love of a special owner like you when your good and ready .
    Molly RIP 04/08/2000 - 18/01/2010 -Forever in our hearts xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nope, dont think you are dotty at all. Now that I am someone who is unlucky enough to have posted on this particular section of the board, I know all too well how you are feeling. I am the same, some days I forget that Prince is gone and silly little things will upset me again. Its been less than 3 weeks for me and I so imagine it will get easier but we will never forget these special Cavs who we were lucky to have in our lives xx
    Siobhan
    Belle (Tri-F) Rosie (Ruby-F) Bismarck (Blenheim-M)
    Prince (At the Bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry - everyone on here "gets it" and understands only too well what you are going through.

Healing thoughts winging their way across the water to you
    Marie-Anne taken over by
    Hattie (Blenheim) Poppy (Blenheim) + Lucy (Shih-tzu)
    Louie, Joss, Peppa, Megan, Victoria all waiting patiently at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No, you are not dotty. You are just someone who loved a special little dog.

I have owned cavaliers for thirty five years and so have lost a lot of much loved pets. I am mourning for one now, and it took four years for me to stop missing the dog above on my avatar.

It does get better eventually, but so very slowly so that sometimes you don't even realise when it stops hurting so much.

Good luck & I hope you will be able to let another little dog into your life soon.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think all of us perfectly understand what you have been going through and how you feel. It is hard enough to lose any companion; it is especially hard when they were extra special.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Not dotty at all just someone who has lost a very special friend. Been there and when it happened, as none of our family and friends have had dogs, people couldn't really understand the pain. I still get a tight pain round my chest in the morning when I wake up and realise my wee boy has gone. Have got another wee Cav who is lovely but will always remember my wee boy that is no longer here.

I really hope things get better for you and I hope in time you may let another little Cav into your life - not as a replacement for Harry but as a loving furry companion to share your life with.

Carol

Post Thanks / Like

Know exactly how you are feeling. It's a bit like climbing a mountain; some days you think you are halfway there and then WALLOP! a thought, a smell, a sound , a feeling.................................... right back down at the bottom again.

We gotta keep taking it one step at a time though
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You are amongst friends here - it does get easier in time but I think you always carry a sadness with you.

Hopefully one day you will feel ready to have a new companion.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of you and don't think you are DOTTY at all.....just a caring owner who lost a beloved companion.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)