• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A year has passed

davey

Well just over a year has passed since I lost my best little pal, and even though I have looked at many cavvies, have not been able to take the next step...just cant face it...also the health thing is such a worry.
Its been a tough year..lots of ups and downs and I still miss Happy Harry so so much. Most days I get through it..I have become soooo dedicated at work...(even after recession pay cuts, am there til late). The odd day I forget that Harry is gone..and I rush home and in the door....but then reality hits.
I'd just like to say huge thanks to absolutely everyone for being so kind and not saying out loud (although probably thinking it) that I am completely dotty. My fiance is from a farming background so just doesnt get it. Thank you all again x

*ng*lHappy Harry RIP

Well i dont think your dotty at all , i lost my best friend Molly in january and everyday just isnt the same without her , so i can relate to what your saying and i still have 2 cavvies. When you get a special connection with your dog it will always be hard and even though there are days that you think your ok , all of a sudden it comes back and smacks you in the face and the realisation that your beloved little friend will never give you a loving hug or lick again , However they will always have that special corner of your heart that no-one else could ever take, just remember that there are other places of your heart that you can give to another special little cavalier who also needs the love of a special owner like you when your good and ready .

Nope, dont think you are dotty at all. Now that I am someone who is unlucky enough to have posted on this particular section of the board, I know all too well how you are feeling. I am the same, some days I forget that Prince is gone and silly little things will upset me again. Its been less than 3 weeks for me and I so imagine it will get easier but we will never forget these special Cavs who we were lucky to have in our lives xx

Don't worry - everyone on here "gets it" and understands only too well what you are going through.

Healing thoughts winging their way across the water to you
Bloomingroses.gif

No, you are not dotty. You are just someone who loved a special little dog.

I have owned cavaliers for thirty five years and so have lost a lot of much loved pets. I am mourning for one now, and it took four years for me to stop missing the dog above on my avatar.

It does get better eventually, but so very slowly so that sometimes you don't even realise when it stops hurting so much.

Good luck & I hope you will be able to let another little dog into your life soon.

I think all of us perfectly understand what you have been going through and how you feel. It is hard enough to lose any companion; it is especially hard when they were extra special.

Not dotty at all just someone who has lost a very special friend. Been there and when it happened, as none of our family and friends have had dogs, people couldn't really understand the pain. I still get a tight pain round my chest in the morning when I wake up and realise my wee boy has gone. Have got another wee Cav who is lovely but will always remember my wee boy that is no longer here.

I really hope things get better for you and I hope in time you may let another little Cav into your life - not as a replacement for Harry but as a loving furry companion to share your life with.

Carol

:hug::hug: Know exactly how you are feeling. It's a bit like climbing a mountain; some days you think you are halfway there and then WALLOP! a thought, a smell, a sound , a feeling.................................... right back down at the bottom again.

We gotta keep taking it one step at a time though :hug:

You are amongst friends here - it does get easier in time but I think you always carry a sadness with you.

Hopefully one day you will feel ready to have a new companion.

Thinking of you and don't think you are DOTTY at all.....just a caring owner who lost a beloved companion.

coping with loss is never easy no matter the time scale i lost my pyrenean mountain dog 2 years ago called max when he was still young and i miss him and still think about him always but he made me think that a big dog not for me so im happy he was in my life

Back