Thread: How soon???

Post Thanks / Like

Default How soon???

Hi all
    Peanut has finished his vaccination course today (willow still has 1 to go!) but, when I asked the receptionist how long till I could take him for walks she was really vague and said maybe a few days? I always thought a week was a decent time, but she said no a few days.....
    I'm not in any rush to walk him as such,as would prefer him to be fully vaccinated etc before he ventured outside the front door. But, it is more curiousity more then anything. I will be getting them both micro chipped in 2 weeks to so they will be all set and ready for us to go on our first holiday together!
    Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'd mention to your vet that she said 'a few days' so that they can make sure reception knows the right answer -- as the wrong answer could risk a puppy's life. The normal waiting time is 10-14 days after the final series *finishes*.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Ok I will do that, would have thought the reception would know the 'silly' details like that!
    Thanks for letting me know!

Post Thanks / Like

I've always been told a week after the second vaccination, just to be sure.
    Our vet receptionist is very helpful, but I do think if she didn't know the answer she would have checked with the vet for you.
    Hope your first proper walk goes well

Post Thanks / Like

Our vet reccomends 7-10 days after vaccination - but if Willow hasnt had hers it's probably best to wait untill after she has been fully vaccinated orPeanut could bring home nasties that Willow wont be vaccinated aginst yet. Then they can enjoy their first walkies together!
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge