• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How soon???

Hi all
Peanut has finished his vaccination course today (willow still has 1 to go!) but, when I asked the receptionist how long till I could take him for walks she was really vague and said maybe a few days? I always thought a week was a decent time, but she said no a few days.....
I'm not in any rush to walk him as such,as would prefer him to be fully vaccinated etc before he ventured outside the front door. But, it is more curiousity more then anything. I will be getting them both micro chipped in 2 weeks to so they will be all set and ready for us to go on our first holiday together!
Thanks in advance

I'd mention to your vet that she said 'a few days' so that they can make sure reception knows the right answer -- as the wrong answer could risk a puppy's life. The normal waiting time is 10-14 days after the final series *finishes*. (y)

Thanks

Ok I will do that, would have thought the reception would know the 'silly' details like that!
Thanks for letting me know!

I've always been told a week after the second vaccination, just to be sure.
Our vet receptionist is very helpful, but I do think if she didn't know the answer she would have checked with the vet for you.
Hope your first proper walk goes well :)

Our vet reccomends 7-10 days after vaccination - but if Willow hasnt had hers it's probably best to wait untill after she has been fully vaccinated orPeanut could bring home nasties that Willow wont be vaccinated aginst yet. Then they can enjoy their first walkies together!

Back