• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Teddy

Nicki

Our precious Teddy Bear left us today, following a long and brave battle with Syringomyelia. :(:(

His quality of life was deteriorating and his pain was no longer well controlled, so we felt the time had come to sadly let him go. Our vet, whom has been so wonderful with treating Teddy, came to the house and euthanised him.

We feel that a part of us has gone too – he was a very special dog, and a last link with several of our other beloved companions whom have left us over the last few years.

Teddy came to live with us in April 2005 at 19 months of age – he had been living in an outside kennel and was not house trained, but he quickly learnt about living life indoors :) He was a wonderful companion to Rupert – they were very close.

I soon realised that something was not right – but even my vet could not believe that we would be so unlucky as to have TWO affected dogs {little did we know...}.

Teddy was MRI'd a year later – and we were shocked to discover that he was indeed moderate to severely affected. He started a program of treatment, having medication every 8 hours. We have been lucky in that until recently, every time he has taken a turn for the worse, we have found or been told about a new treatment or supplement which helped him. It has been an emotional rollercoaster, but when you love them this much, you do everything you can to help.

He was my soulmate – he always wanted to be wherever I was

Teddy14Apr2007-120.jpg

but was also very close to my husband.

He loved to be involved in whatever you were doing.

I did show him once at a local agricultural show and he was Reserve Best in Show!! He wasn't very impressed with his trophy and rosettes LOL

Celebrating his “Gotcha Day”

Now reunited with his best friend Cruz – this is how I like to remember them

original.jpg

December 2009
medium.jpg

We are just devastated at his loss – life seems very empty without him.

I'm so saddened by your loss of Teddy . Your photos of him and the one with his pal Cruz are lovely and I'm sure you will treasure these photos as well as all the memories. However, I know this is a bittersweet period for you and your family so I'll send some:hug:. I will keep you in my prayers.

Heather R

I'm so sorry Nicki.
He was such a stunning cavalier.
Thanks for sharing the photographs with us.It's such a lovely tribute to him.I know he meant the world to you and your husband.
Sins

So sorry Nicki, you must be heartbroken :hug: :hug:
Thinking of you all at this difficult time :flwr:
Run free precious Teddy *ng*l

So sad to read your post, we had to make that decision on February this year ( our wee boy had MHD). It's such a hard decision to make even when you know it's for the good of your pet. I try to remind myself it was the last act of love for my wee boy letting him leave us but it still feels like your world is ending.

Sending you big hugs from all my family.

Carolx

I can just picture Teddy and Cruz running at the Bridge just like in the picture. I am so sorry. I dread the day when I have to make that decision for one of my little loves. Run like the wind Teddy!

I am crying reading this post. I can only imagine how you must be feeling right now. Teddy was such a beautiful boy. Run free without any pain little Teddy.
Lots of :hug::hug: for you and your family.

I am so very, very sorry for your loss. Teddy was a gorgeous boy, both inside and out. I can tell what an important member of your family he was -- for some reason the photo of him with your husband really touched me. I am sorry for the hurt you feel right now, but am glad that Teddy is no longer in pain and that you gave him a peaceful and dignified goodbye. Again, so sorry for your loss.

There are no words..

I am deeply sorry for your loss of your beautiful boy, I have tears running down my cheek as I type this. Your pictures are gorgeous, the love both you and your husband had for him shines through in them. Losing a furry child is beyond heartbreaking, I've gone through it a few times myself and unfortunately only time helps soften the blow but your heart always aches for them. God bless you and your family.

I am so incredibly sad Nicki. Ted-Bear was such a gorgeous and special boy. You have been far more in the past couple of years than any dog owner should ever have to bear. So many losses of so many wonderful dogs. It just hurts so bad to know that Teddy is gone, but I love picturing him running with Cruz. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers right now.

Nicki, so sorry to hear that you have had to give Teddy his wings. May he run free and happy with Cruz and all our other Angels waiting at the bridge. Keep his precious memories forever in your heart.:hug:to you and your family.

So sorry to hear about Teddy, he looks a wonderful boy.

He will be looking after my little Reuben at the bridge Im sure. x

Nicki, I am so sorry to hear about Teddy, looking at the pictures and reading about him has made me quite tearful.
Thinking of you

So sorry to read about Teddy, he looked a beautiful cavalier, thinking of you and your husband at this very sad time. :hug:

Pam

I'm so sorry to read of your loss. What a beautiful boy Teddy was. Your photos are a lovely tribute to him and brought tears to my eyes. :hug:

Im so so sorry ....

Nikki

Ive only just seen this and Im sooo sorry for your loss of Teddy. The pictures are stunning and truely bought a tear to my eye and gives me so much determination for the run in June.
I will be thinking of not just my own poorly babies but all of them and those that have passed too.

Its truely a devastating disease and Teddy is a shinning example of a strong determined little man xxxx

My thoughts are with you and your family.

RIP Ted-bear :(

Back