• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Maybe A New Addition...

MurphysMummy

So Mum is finally agreeing with me that Murphy needs a play mate and some company..and a dog to learn from..but..
We have had Murphy for 6 months only, so I am scared incase he feels we are leaving him out for another dog..What do you think?? Have any of you rehomed a ex-breeding cavie and introduced a new dog afterwards? Advice and opinions please! :)

Hi

And good luck in your search and choice ,my first three all came with a gap between them of six months than a wait of twelve months for Lily .They all get on fine and after the cold shoulder from the residents for the newbie for a couple of weeks they then all slot into the cavalcade of cavs ,but often all run riot like a bunch of young kids but they are still loads of fun and lots of love and I would do again a million times over ,thats cavs of course not marriage -only joking.:) cavtinycavtinycavtinycavtiny

We got Molly and Dougall as puppies one week apart. Dotty arrived two and a half years later. They all accepted each other straight away there was a puzzled look when Dotty first got in the car. Now they all play and have fun together.
4285668989_8efdf2ac05_m.jpg

Where did you come from ?

Cavaliers seem to love the company of other Cavaliers, it would be great for Murphy to have a playmate and as an extra bonus, Murphy will have a friend to keep him company when you are out.:D

ps. there is a sticky "I'm thinking of adding" it is under the Information Library, you
will find some really useful information there. :)

When we lost our very special lady Molly , our little Alfie went into a depression and became very needy (even more than usual ) since we got Poppy Alfie has cheered up no end . Its lovely to see .

That would be great for you and Murphy. Glad your mum has finally agreed.
Did you mention that Murphy was a little shy before? I think another Cavalier is just what he needs.
I saw that there are a few Cavaliers in Second Chance Rescue. I believe that’s where you got Murphy from?

That would be great for you and Murphy. Glad your mum has finally agreed.
Did you mention that Murphy was a little shy before? I think another Cavalier is just what he needs.
I saw that there are a few Cavaliers in Second Chance Rescue. I believe that’s where you got Murphy from?

Yes he is still a little shy..and yes we did get him from there, I check the website everyday so maybe could be another one from there.

Thanks for all your advice..Im sooo excited..!! :p

Having four cavaliers now, I can honestly say that I don't think I'll ever be without at least two of them. Like everyone else has said, they keep each other company, they sleep curled up next to each other, and like someone else on another thread mentioned - double the love and kisses when you come home or sit down. I hope you find one soon.

As said by previous members, there's an info section on that, but don't just get a pet for your pet, (I kinda had that in mind meself), it should be for you as well. It is indeed fun. Cavaliers are soooooo addictive. They're like chocolate!

Companion for Murphy

I also have a 5 year old cavalier named Murphy and tomorrow we maybe getting a puppy cavalier. I was so concerned for Murphy and how he would react to the new puppy and whether I was being fair. But the posts on this forum have eased my mind. Thank you! And I agree Cavaliers are addictive just like chocolate.

I also have a 5 year old cavalier named Murphy and tomorrow we maybe getting a puppy cavalier. I was so concerned for Murphy and how he would react to the new puppy and whether I was being fair. But the posts on this forum have eased my mind. Thank you! And I agree Cavaliers are addictive just like chocolate.
What a coincidence! :lol: good luck with your pup!

Back