• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I'm Thinking About Organizing A Sponsored Dog Walk in Dublin...

Desrae

The good weather is finally upon us and I would like to do a sponsored dog walk with fellow cavaliertalk members in aid of Rupert's Fund sometime in May or June. What do you think fellow Irish Cavaliertalk peeps?
I'll organize it myself (already discussed a bit with Nicki). I would like at least one Dublin volunteer to help me with a place/territory to do the walking.
Or... we could do a simultaneous walk in Cork for people on that side of the country...
Or... we could do a simultaneous walk in Dublin, Cork and parts of England and Scotland! Maybe that's too big of an idea, I don't know.
Please let me know your thoughts and opinions here. Thanks very much.

Last edited:
Brilliant idea count me in...can my collie walk too! What about a walk around pheonix park or Marley park or ardgillan castle..all safe places for doggies :) I'm not good at organisation but good at doing things so let me know if you need help :)

Thanks for your replies... I'm waiting for more responses, hopefully if there is enough interest here... I'll carry on with the plan...

Just bumping this up one more time. I might have to rethink this... I wanted at least 10 participants, maybe that was a lofty goal.
I really like Phoenix Park, it would be such a good place for a walk.
Maybe a coffee morning would be better... just brainstorming here...

Sponsored walk, followed by a coffee morning??? I'll post this up on facebook and see if there are any takers on it...I'm sure something can be organised, it really is a great idea.

Please everyone try to support this, it's a fantastic idea. {Thank you Desrae :D}

Even if you don't think you can find sponsorship, perhaps there could be an entrance fee and we can raise funds that way? I know it's hard to find sponsors sometimes...

A coffee morning afterwards - or on a separate date - might be lovely, it would be great for all the Dublin members to meet up.

I know Karlin used to organise regular meets for Dublin members - does anyone know who used to attend and might be interested?

Might be worth appealing for Dublin residents in the general chat section?

Hi, I've approx 4 willing to go on the walk depending in date, so if you can think of a date I'll let them know & see if they can make it! This can happen-woo hoo :)

Desrae why dont you post this on the facebook page, or maybe you could contact Kirsty to post it as it will show up on all members updates then as she is creator, whereas your post would only show up on the cavtalk wall...i think thats how it works anyway, please anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. If you need any help organising it dont hesitate to ask, and as I said if you are doing a walk down this end of the country we will be there, but Dublin is a bit far to travel especially in warm weather. Best of luck and well done for trying to organise this :)

Desrae why dont you post this on the facebook page, or maybe you could contact Kirsty to post it as it will show up on all members updates then as she is creator, whereas your post would only show up on the cavtalk wall...i think thats how it works anyway, please anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. If you need any help organising it dont hesitate to ask, and as I said if you are doing a walk down this end of the country we will be there, but Dublin is a bit far to travel especially in warm weather. Best of luck and well done for trying to organise this :)

That is a good idea. I'll do that...
:smile:

Maybe a simultaneous walk in Cork/Dublin/Waterford could be a possibility. I think Rupert's Fund would benefit from a high visibility event and I thought this would be just the thing. Although if anyone has any other ideas for events that might be easier and bring people together, let me know!

Back