• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cookie 5th July 2001 - 12th April 2010

tanztanya

I didn't think that I would be posting this for a few years yet, but unfortunately Cookie's heart got worse very quickly.
After her unexpected entrance in our lives, we had to say goodbye to my darling Cookie at 9.25am on Monday morning.

I don't think alot of the users on the board will remember me as I have rarely used the board in the past few years as I usually don't have time to post but will have a quick browse.

Although cookie had a really rough start, with our home being her fourth, over the past four and half years she had really come out of her shell and become a happy dog that loved to play.... and to think she didn't know how to when we got her.

We had decided that as Cookie was suffering, it was best to end this now rather than putting her through any more. it was the hardest decision to make but we couldn't let cookie go on with having nights where she was so unsettled and she could not lie down from where her heart was pushing in to her windpipe. Cookie's SM seemed to be getting worse as well so that was another factor affecting her health. It just wasn't fair on her.

So now we are just trying to adjust to life without her and its so difficult. I miss her like I have lost a part of me and it's devastating.

I found some photos that I thought you would like (sorry about the size if some are v.big):

P1000460.jpg

05032010083.jpg

1235666447608.jpg

SSL11004.jpg

2009-07-25170854.jpg

2410_509353008112_278100089_648851_.jpg

CCF26032009_00000.jpg

cookiebday.jpg

I am so sorry. It is so hard to make the final decision when your dog is still only middle-aged.

That first photo is heartachingly beautiful.

How lucky that you found each other, so that you could enjoy four years of love and happiness together.

Thinking of you.

Im so sorry for your loss,thank you for sharing your lovely pictures of such a pretty girl.Thinking of you, God bless:hug:

I'm so sorry. The first picture made me cry, the fifth made me laugh. She was spectacularly beautiful. :(

I'm sure there are many of us who remember you and Cookie. :hug:

I'm so sorry for your loss of little Cookie. :( It is so difficult to let our beloved cavaliers go, but you did the right thing for her. I'm so glad she came to live with you, where she found love and happiness. :lotsaluv:

The first photo of her is sooo sweet - what a lovely girl! I remember when she got her pink coat at Christmas time a few years ago and you posted a video. :lotsaluv:

I'm so sorry Tanya....Cookie was such a beautiful girl. How lucky for her to have found you and had so much love for the past several years. Like Pauline...the first picture made me so sad and the fifth one made me laugh. You can really see what a fun girl she was and what a zest for life she had. You did the best for her even though it was the hardest for you. Rest now Cookie.

I am so sorry to read of your loss of Cookie, what a beautiful girl she was and such lovely photos, especially the first one, thinking of you and your family at this sad time.:hug:

Hello

So very sad to read about cookie ,but you gave her four plus years of love and happiness so please remember those times ,and she was such a beautiful looking contented girl.:(
Best Wishes.:(
brian

So very sorry to read this sad news - yes of course we remember you, Cookie was SO beautiful.

Thank you for giving her the best years of her life - it's wonderful that she learnt how to play and obviously had a complete joy for life despite her problems.

It is heartbreaking to let them go, but it's the one final loving act that we can do - thank you for being so brave.

Your photos are just gorgeous, and hopefully will give you many happy memories in time once the raw pain eases.

Take care of yourselves - we are thinking of you.

Please come and visit the forum still, you will always be welcome.

I'm very sorry to read that you had to let Cookie go.
She was so beautiful.
Sins

So sorry to hear that you have had to give Cookie her wings. She was a beautiful girl and certainly looks as if she had lots of love and happiness with you. Remember that her memory will stay in your heart forever.:hug:

What a beautiful girl and what a wonderful life she had with you and your family. Letting them go is so hard and yet the last kindness we can offer them. Your beautiful photos will be such a precious treasure for you in due course.

Meanwhile, look after yourself and all healing thoughts coming your way
Bloomingroses.gif

As with everyone else, Cookie's photos made me laugh and cry. She was gorgeous and i'm glad she got to know what being loved is. Run like the wind Cookie! There are lots of Cavalier friends at the bridge to play with.

So sorry to learn about your loss of Cookie. Your photos show a beautiful happy dog and like others, some made me cry and some like no. 5 made me laugh.

Each of our dogs is special to their owner; may you find peace some time soon. Thank you for allowing us to join you in remembering Cookie via the photos.

Heather R

I am so sorry to hear about Cookie she was such a gorgeous girl. My thoughts are with you.
The pictures are beautiful.

Cookie

I am so so sorry to hear about Cookies passing, our thoughts are with you all. She really was beautiful. Sam our Cavalier is suffering from the same heart disease. She is at peace now xxx

Back