• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cookie 5th July 2001 - 12th April 2010

So very sorry for your loss. No wonder she was named Cookie, she is sweet! I love the picture of her tongue hanging out. It's great that you gave her a happy and loving home for all those years.

Thank you all for your lovely messages. It's been a very difficult few days for the family... even my neice who's 5months old keeps looking around on the floor expecting a little fluff-ball at her feet. I shared the messages with my parents and they felt touched by them all.

A few of you have commented on the first picture and actually it was taken on Sunday, the day before she got her wings. My mum seems to think she's telling us something in the picture but I think the look is more to do with the biscuit I had in my hand.

We have had a fantastic few years with Cookie and have been so blessed with how amazing she has been throughout. We are slowly going through her things (didn't realise she had so much!!) I refuse to move alot of it. Her water bowls (she had 5 scattered around) have all been picked up yet we are still finding ourselves walking around them. There is such a space left by her though, there's no one to eat up our post when it goes through the door.
It has meant such a lot that every one who cookie came in contact with, even if briefly, she touched their heart and we have been very suprised by the amount of people who have been grieving her loss... but she was so special.

It's just so awful that these beautiful dog's have to go through all these health problems. But Cookie remained so strong til the end, the past 6 weeks there had been so many near misses and she kept suprising the vet who would send her home by recovering... and i believe this is because cookie knew how much we loved her and visa versa and thats wot kept her going.

we collect her ashes on wednesday where she can come back home again.
Has anyone here ever put ashes in a locket?? i saw online you can buy special ones but aren't they just the same you but in a normal jewellers??

Back