• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New Here... My Ruby has Cherry Eye

pokey

Hello and thank you to all of you who selfishly share your knowledge and experience so that we may all benefit... It takes a village!
My 1yo Ruby has been diagnosed with 'cherry eye' :( I had to take my 2 cavs to a new grromer last week (regular was out with broken hip). When they took my dogs into the back, my Oliver was hesitant and the groomer proceded to pull him along on the lead until I yelled to her to just pick him up, ugh! When I returned 2 hours later, Boomer greeted me looking fab and happy; Oliver cowered in the corner shaking like a leaf. I noticed a huge protrusion on his right eye. I threw a fit and demanded the resident vet have a look at it. She said the grooming experience could have in NO way caused a cherry eye , that is coincidental and probably heriditary :confused: ??? I guess I wonder if any of you wise cav owners have any experience with cherry eye, it's causes and treatment? My vet will examine him Monday, but I was hoping for some 'been there' info! I found out surgery is often an answer, but oh my, the cost! Hoping for any encouragement. Thank you, Pokey

This is not something I have experienced with any of my dogs, but there is usually someone on here that can help.

I hope it gets sorted soon

Back