• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Eggs for dogs

Love my Cavaliers

Someone suggested giving my dogs an egg a dy to make their coats less dry. Does this work? Should you use the whole egg or just the yolk or just the white?

EEK no not an egg each per day :eek::eek:

I would not give more than 2 eggs per week to a Cavalier.

Maybe try giving tinned sardines once or twice a week, also if you have your heating up quite high, turn it down; and don't bath them too often. Ours are only bathed 3 -4 times a year, and then we use conditioner on them.

The boys have a wipe down with a damp baby wipe every day, and a underneath sponge bath once a week.

Regular brushing keeps them clean.

There are various oils you can buy to help with dry coats. Is it definitely dry, or perhaps just the coat texture? {can change following neutering} Has your vet checked them out?

This is a product vets recommend, Viacutan plus {but you can actually buy it without a prescription} http://www.vetuk.co.uk/digestive-su..._15/viacutan-plus-100ml-liquid-efa-pump-p-343

Thanks for your replies. I also thought that an egg a day seemed like a lot - especially for 15 pound dogs. i just started giving them salmon oil capsules with their daily meal. The weather here has just turned a lot nicer so the heat has been off and we've all been outside a lot more. I like the idea of a daily wipe down with a baby wipe. Keep them smelling fresh!

Back