• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Phoebe - my little princess

Princess Phoebe

I have just joined this forum but I wanted to post about my little princess, Phoebe, who sadly passed away on February 8th. She was 13 years and 7 months old. She had suffered from a heart murmur since she was 9 but it was well controlled on medication and at every check up, the vet said her heart was still strong. Then about two years ago, she developed kidney disease, which we got under control on a prescription diet.

She was a very happy go lucky little dog and loved nothing better than to have her photograph taken. She would sit proudly and pose like the true royal little girl that she was. She also loved to go for picnics to the Hill of Tara during the summer and for walks around the lake. She would 'sing' with excitement in the car when she knew we were getting close to our destination.

Then, in February this year, I noticed her starting to get weaker so I brought her to the vet for her regular check up and he discovered that she had developed a tumour at the back of her mouth. A few days later, she started to look confused as if she didn't know where she was. I would try and bring her for a walk and, while she would be excited to go, once outside she looked scared and just wanted to go home. In the end, it was obvious that she was in pain from the tumour so I had to let her go. :(:(

I'm still consumed by grief but at least I know that she is free from pain now. This is the last photo taken of her. My sister bought her a Santa jacket for Christmas. It was just the thing for walking out in the snow.

IMG_2091.jpg

Our wee Blenheim Sonny passed away from MVD on 27 February this year and you have our sympathies, what a beautiful girl. x

I'm so sorry to hear about Phoebe. What a long and beautiful life she had. And such a pretty girl. That must have been such a hard thing to let her go, but such a selfless act.

Sorry to read about Phoebe. She was lovely, that Santa coat looks great on her, and its a lovely reminder of her to have.:flwr:

I am so sorry for your loss i know how hard it is , she was a beautiful girl . May she run free at Rainbow Bridge .

What a beautiful lady Phoebe was, but what a wonderful age she lived to. Her memories will stay forever in your heart. :hug:

SO very sorry - she looks beautiful, so dignified; and sounds like she was such a character.

They leave a terrible hole in your life when they go - but you have some wonderful memories to comfort you.

Thanks again everyone. I haven't been here for a few weeks so I'm a bit late in replying. It's still hard coping with grief at times, especially when I'm out walking. I always expect to see her there beside me.

Back