• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Poppy's second day.

*Pauline*

Thought you might like to see these pics, we have had a good day. Poppy needed to be woken up this morning, well Dylan thought so, there he was, all eager to play and Pops was still extra sleepy and stretched out.

We walked to the vet to register Poppy and pick up pills for Dylan. We didn't wait around to see if her ear mites have gone (they smell fine), not with her being at the tail end of her season, the place full of Staffs and an estimated 90 minute wait. I'll go back tomorrow. I find it hard to walk two dogs so my neighbour came with me. Dylan usually pulls but is better with her and Poppy was great on the lead. A really enjoyable time.

She loves the sofa.
4531350866_cd22b093d9_b.jpg

We came home and I couldn't resist bathing her. I had heard she loved a bath and she tried to get into my bath with me this morning! It was so easy compared to doing Dylan with his masses of locks. She has such a shiny coat.
4530722613_f0e5839320_b.jpg

Ash came home and a very loving, wet dog placed herself on his lap and he was smitten!
4531412600_3ee7a63da8_b.jpg

"Mum says I'm not allowed to jump up here."
4531353018_c84af2028f_b.jpg

So glad it's going well and Dylan is getting used to his new sister :D

Poppy seems quite settled already!! Nothing like a damp soggy dog to fall in love with :eek:

Glad to see you have a table ornament too - we have coffee table ornaments :eek::rolleyes::D It's a great short cut between the chair and the sofa :rolleyes:

Lovely pictures Pauline, so glad she is settling in so well. You will have to keep your chairs pushed in to the table:p Can't believe your vets is open on a Sunday, you would not find that around here.

Can't believe your vets is open on a Sunday, you would not find that around here.

Yes, they are great for opening hours. You don't need to make an appointment but you might have a long wait. They have a 24 hour service now, assuming out of hours is more expensive but they do open Sundays until midday for the usual rates.

I changed to them because my old vet used to charge £10 for a repeat prescription and £5 for insurance admin, things you can't claim back on insurance :eek: When you give your pet pills every day for the rest of his life, this can be expensive.

She is beautiful. How wonderful you have her now. Lucky you to have a vet open on a Sunday!

Pauline, she is just precious!!! :lotsaluv:

Love all these pics and it seems she is doing just great in her new home :jump:

Lovely photos, I love the first one and the one of Poppy and Dylan with your son, she certainly seems to have settled in very well for her first day.:)

I am delighted for you that Poppy has arrived at last. She seems to be settling in very well, making herself at home. She is gorgeous too by the way.

Great to hear, she's settling in fine, the walking gets easier with practice.......honest,they are fab pics:D

Oh thats good. Mind you it does look like Dylan has drawn the short straw there and is getting pushed off the bed:p Looks like Poppy might be the boss and maybe its the photo but she looks a bit bigger than him.

Aww congratulations Pauline, she is beautiful :luv:. Great to hear she seems to be settling in nicely, I love the picture of her on the table, adorable :).

Back