• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I (finaly) have my 2nd Cavalier!!!

Dublin

OK so I was kinda on the lookout for a Black & Tan or Tri boy but............

Yesterday at work we got a call for a 3-4 month old Blenheim female to come in. The boss told our receptionist she could come in if I could take her home for the night as we're really short on space. So I was called to reception & asked & said yeh no probs!

Poor little thing is not 3-4 months old, more like 5-6 months im figuring as shes in season, she had been living with a family who had 2 other dogs & now found a 3rd too much. She didnt even have a name which I though was a little odd - but then we meet a lot of odd people so whatever!

So, Lucy as we've called her came home last night & Cass my terrorist loves her which I thought was a little odd as shes not really a fan of puppies (alzheimers is wondefull sometimes!!) & the three of them are settleing down nicely together. Last night Lucy slept pretty well, she woke me at 3.30am, I came down & let her out & she did wee's & poo's & went back to sleep till she heard Mark get up an hour ago.

Shes now sitting next to me & Sparky on the sofa quite happy! She's eating well & seems like shes been here her whole life!

Will take photos of her & her friends later!

:*nana: Congratulation, I'l look forward to pictures of her. Lucy is a lovely name, one I'd have gone for if my sister's dog wasn't already called the same.

Thanks Pauline! Your newby Poppy is a stunner - I was just looking at your photos!

Must be the week for 2nd Cavs & girlies too!;)! Enjoy!

Lucy013.jpg

Lucy001.jpg

This is about the stillist (if thats a word!) Lucy has been this morning - Ive been trying to take photos but they're all a blur - she's mad!!:D

Last edited:
Oh she's lovely - congratulations and bless you for taking her on!!

I think you are right, she looks at least 6 months...

Was she living with any entire dogs? Might be an issue if she is in season - my suspicious mind wonders if that might be why they've dumped her if one of the other dogs caught her and they don't want to deal with pups?

This is about the stillist (if thats a word!) Lucy has been this morning - Ive been trying to take photos but they're all a blur - she's mad!!:D
I'd say she is just 'mad' with excitement cos shes got a new home! Congratulations.

Hi

Lucy is a beautiful ,beautiful little girl ,and mad definitely not cos shes got you as her Mum .:)

Congratulations on your new family member, she looks a real beauty. May she bring you years of happiness.:rah:

Thanks everyone! Even though she's mad she is a little gem!

Nikki - She was living with a male & a female Pugalier, both neutered she assured me - but I will have her thouraghly checked when shes goes back to DT for her vet check & to start her vac's tomorrow. I do wonder if they got her for breeding or something & then couldnt cope with 3 dogs, you just never know! But rest assured as soon as she can be she will be spayed.

Brid - Yes I'm keeping her!!!! Ive just got her licence & registered her at my vets so she's all legal now - all I need is to sign her adoption papers tomorrow & she's all mine!:jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp:

Congrats on adding a new girl!

She could be in heat at 4 months -- it can happen. She looks pretty young but I'd guess closer to maybe 5-6 months? Given length of her coat and tail etc. A vet can tell by checking her teeth. I'd get her to the vet immediately as you are planning, to talk about whether she should go through a set of estrogen injections. If she is in heat and has been loose with two dogs -- probably unneutered -- or allowed out and about -- she could easily be pregnant already depending on whether she is in heat. At her age, that is a mortality risk I personally would want to avoid. Puppies should not be having puppies and she isn't even mature or adult size yet. :( I just had a dog from a similar situation go through estrogen injections then an immediate spay, on the strong advice of one of my trusted vets -- and that little dog was 9-10 months old, a lot more capable of having a litter than a puppy as small as she appears in your cute pics. (y)

Oops!:oops: edited to add I see you had posted the other dogs were neutered. But I would not trust that nor that they kept her safe from other dogs if they hadn't even named the dog. What a strange situation --
I'd have expected them to try and sell a dog so young; it is good that they brought her to DT. :)

Aww, she is adorable. I'm glad all three are getting on so well. You can hardly see Cass in those pictures amongst all Sparkies fur :D

Back