• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Green Cross Code

allie

I was out in the garden over the weekend throwing balls for the dogs - have to make the most of it while the garden isn't a mudbath. Was throwing balls for the two Shepherds and Willow was at one side of the garden. She looked left, looked right, then crossed - she knows her green cross code. I suppose when you might get flattened by two charging German Shepherd you learn pretty quickly. It was so funny to watch - my smart cookie.:luv:

It's amazing how smart a dog can be to do something like that, she is watching out for the German Shepherd traffic alright.
I find that our dog Belle has an amazing memory, especially her scent memory. When we are out walking, she always comes to the same place where there was a big chunk of chewing gum (which I kicked into the road before it was eaten- that was weeks ago) and sniffs around as if remembering the already been chewed minty goodness she missed out on...

Willow was my first experience of a small dog and to be honest I thought she was a bit of an airhead [sorry!]. One night ages ago she was sitting on the sofa with a ball on a rope, the ball fell onto the ground so she pulled the rope, put her paw on it to hold it, pulled up the rope again until she got the ball back up onto the sofa. That was the moment I knew she was playing me! Because she walks with her tail wagging and head swaying in unison she looks as though "no one's home". I let her get away with so much I wouldn't put up with from the other dogs. I'm being conned :lol:

im surprised every day by how clever ruby is . its almost like having a toddler again . in fact when we are getting ready to go for a walk with the kids (im a childminder ). she is the easiest of the lot . she stands still and places her front legs one at a time through the harness while the kids are faffing round putting their arns through the wrong holes haha i think she going to talk sometimes and she can understand so many things we have to do the spelling out thing lol.

Back