Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CKCS CLUB Committee Votes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default CKCS CLUB Committee Votes

Yes Kate ,

What a good suggestion you have made.

Could I be allowed to start this New Thread with this Comment?

Is it possible that the New Voting Papers we CKCS CLUB Members have been sent ,the Vote could be now declared NULL and VOID?

Since Margaret has now with-drawn her Nomination ,and Club Members possibly will have given Margaret their Vote who had'nt known about Margaret's Nomination With-Drawal,could have given their Vote to another Person wishing to be on the Club Committee.

I would think that this is unfair to those others who wished to be on the Committee ,that they did not have the Chance of getting more Votes.

Will the best plan now be for the CKCS CLUB to make all CLUB MEMBERS aware of Margaret's Nomination Withdrawl ,in order that the other Election Candidates are given a fair distribution of all Votes Cast?

Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick with this thread, I'm in no way slating the club or its members, I just don't agree that people who speak out about the problems etc should be made to feel bad...The point I was trying to make was a more positive one about people trying to do their best for the breed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default On the Cavalier Club website today

The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club
    ELECTION ANNOUNCEMENT

On 19th April 2010, Mrs Margaret Carter informed the Club and Electoral Reform Services (ERS) that she had withdrawn her nomination for the Cavalier Club committee elections.
    ERS issued ballot papers on 15th April 2010 and some of these may already have been returned. ERS recommended that the election process should not be halted, and the Club has accepted this advice. Members should therefore complete and return their ballot papers before the stated deadline. The Club confirms that the date for the AGM remains 29th May 2010.
    CKCSC - 20th April 2010
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I apologise to those members that have already voted for me, and to those candidates who may have received those votes instead.
    I had made my objections to what was going on known for quite some weeks.

I did not make the decision to withdraw my name from the list of committee nominees lightly.

I thought about my options over last weekend, but there had been a series of irregularities, for want of a better word, that occurred during this election, and I could not condone what seemed to be deliberate manipulation of the election procedures.

The first ballot was halted because there was an attempt to keep someone in a three year co-opted committee vacancy without that co-opted member standing as a candidate at this AGM.
    This has never happened before, and is not allowed in the rules. 'Custom and practice' has meant that all co-opted members have competed for their committee place at the first possible AGM.

It seems that when the Cavalier Club eventually consulted the KC it was found that other vacancies should have been available for competition. The number eventually went from four to eight.

One of the other issues was that the AGM agenda contained a proposal statement with a spiteful allegation against me that both the writer and the Cavalier Club officers knew was untrue.
    This was sent to every person that would vote.

I had hoped that the envelope with the new ballot papers would contain an apology. I had pointed out that a revised page with the deliberate lie taken out would not remove the the damaging impression given to members in official Cavalier Club documents.

I happen to believe in democracy. I believe that the whole membership, in a fair and open election, should be deciding who they want on the committee, not a few people conniving to disadvantage those they do not like.

This Club election has not been fair or open.
    Margaret C

Post Thanks / Like

"The first ballot was halted because there was an attempt to keep someone in a three year co-opted committee vacancy without that co-opted member standing as a candidate at this AGM.
    This has never happened before, and is not allowed in the rules. 'Custom and practice' has meant that all co-opted members have competed for their committee place at the first possible AGM"

Does this co-opted member now have to stand and be be voted on the committee?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    "The first ballot was halted because there was an attempt to keep someone in a three year co-opted committee vacancy without that co-opted member standing as a candidate at this AGM.
    This has never happened before, and is not allowed in the rules. 'Custom and practice' has meant that all co-opted members have competed for their committee place at the first possible AGM"

Does this co-opted member now have to stand and be be voted on the committee?
    That would have been the only way for her to stay as a voting member of the committee.
    She is not on the list of nominees.
    Margaret C

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret C View Post
    That would have been the only way for her to stay as a voting member of the committee.
    She is not on the list of nominees.

CAVALIER CLUB COMMITTEE VOTES

Because I posted yesterday wondering about the Validity of the New Election for the UK CKCS CLUB Committee,I contacted the Electoral Reform Services, explaining I had already sent off my Votes which included Margaret,and that I felt this was now unfair since I would have Voted for some-one else if I had Known that Margaret had withdrawn her Nomination.

I have now to receive another Voting Paper.

Should any other CKCS CLUB Member in my position who has voted for Margaret,now contact the Electoral Reform Services and ask for another Voting Paper for the CKCS CLUB Committee?

Could I give now this Food For Thought ???

With all that has happened recently ,should it now be Time to consider for another CKCS CLUB be being formed.

There are I am sure many,many Cavalier Owners who only wish our Beloved Cavaliers to have Healthy ,Longer Lives than many do at the Present Time.

Why I asking this question is because knowning that in 1983 the Cavalier Breeders were warned about how serious and wide spread the MVD Problem was in the Breed and that at the Last CKCS CLUB AGM, Simon Swift the Cardiologist said that 50 % of Cavaliers will have a Heart Murmur at 5 years of age ,that this is no better than it was 18 years ago.

Maybe now let the Cavalier Breeders who are only interested in the Show Scene carry on with that , but we others who have Health and Well Being of Cavaliers have another Club,just look at the Money we collected recently for MRI Scanning Older Cavaliers.

Think back, it was more than a year on the UK CKCS CLUB Web Site a Plea was made by the SM Researchers for assistance in obtaining Older Cavaliers to help in their SM Research.

Take a look at the Kennel Club Breed Supplements at the number of Cavalier Breeders who are still not following the Breeding Guidelines.

If there was another CKCS CLUB ,those Cavalier Breeders who are Health Testing their Cavalier Breeding Stock could perhaps be involved.

I know this will cause Ructions ,but just maybe it should be being
    thought about.

Any Body else got Views about this?

Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Cavalier club committee votes

[QUOTE=Bet;358863]CAVALIER CLUB COMMITTEE VOTES

Because I posted yesterday wondering about the Validity of the New Election for the UK CKCS CLUB Committee,I contacted the Electoral Reform Services, explaining I had already sent off my Votes which included Margaret,and that I felt this was now unfair since I would have Voted for some-one else if I had Known that Margaret had withdrawn her Nomination.

Should any other CKCS CLUB Member in my position who has voted for Margaret,now contact the Electoral Reform Services and ask for another Voting Paper for the CKCS CLUB Committee?

Could I now mention that I have to-day received my New Voting Paper which is Marked Duplicate.

I have Posted this information in-case there is any other CKCS CLUB Member like me who had sent off their Votes for the CKCS CLUB Election Committee before knowing about Margaret with-drawing her Name from the CLUB Election.

What does though does seem a wee bit unfair , how many other CKCS CLUB MEMBERS who don't have access to the Internet will know about this ,and will still be voting for Margaret when they could have given their vote ,like me to some-body else.

Will the lack of knowledge about what has happened ,now mean that some-body will not get onto the Committee , but who could have had the chance to ?

Is the fairest way in this situation ,so that all CKCS CLUB MEMBERS are made aware about what the position is ,is to send a Letter to every-body and not to rely on only some CKCS CLUB MEMBERS who have a Computer getting this information from the CLUB WEB-SITE.

Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Bet;358998]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bet View Post

Could I now mention that I have to-day received my New Voting Paper which is Marked Duplicate.

I have Posted this information in-case there is any other CKCS CLUB Member like me who had sent off their Votes for the CKCS CLUB Election Committee before knowing about Margaret with-drawing her Name from the CLUB Election.

What does though does seem a wee bit unfair , how many other CKCS CLUB MEMBERS who don't have access to the Internet will know about this ,and will still be voting for Margaret when they could have given their vote ,like me to some-body else.

Will the lack of knowledge about what has happened ,now mean that some-body will not get onto the Committee , but who could have had the chance to ?

Is the fairest way in this situation ,so that all CKCS CLUB MEMBERS are made aware about what the position is ,is to send a Letter to every-body and not to rely on only some CKCS CLUB MEMBERS who have a Computer getting this information from the CLUB WEB-SITE.

Bet

CAVALIER CLUB VOTES.

Could I mention that there is now a New Announcement Posted on the UH CKCS CLUB WEB-SITE about this at

thecavalierclub.co.uk

I still am a wee bit confused about the latest Announcement.

I sent off my Duplicate Voting Paper, but on the Announcement it says that CLUB MEMBERS should not need to request another Ballot Paper although they are entitled to do so ,but that is not necessary as all votes will be counted as usual.

Just supposing that Margaret had received 800 votes , then those 800 votes are now useless , but they could have gone to another Person who could have been put onto the Committee if they had received those Votes.

Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Bet;359076]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bet View Post

CAVALIER CLUB VOTES.

Could I mention that there is now a New Announcement Posted on the UH CKCS CLUB WEB-SITE about this at

thecavalierclub.co.uk

I still am a wee bit confused about the latest Announcement.

I sent off my Duplicate Voting Paper, but on the Announcement it says that CLUB MEMBERS should not need to request another Ballot Paper although they are entitled to do so ,but that is not necessary as all votes will be counted as usual.

Just supposing that Margaret had received 800 votes , then those 800 votes are now useless , but they could have gone to another Person who could have been put onto the Committee if they had received those Votes.

Bet

CKCS CLUB COMMITTEE VOTES

In this weeks Dog World there is a mention about Margaret having with-drawn her Nomination for the CKCS CLUB COMMITTEE

It also said about Margaret being removed from the Committee at an SGM 18 months ago following her appearance on Pedigree Dogs Exposed when Margaret had spoken about SM in the Cavalier Breed .

There is to be a Full Story about what is happening in Next Week's Dog World.

What has disappointed me to-day though, are the Two Snide Comments which were Posted about what is happening concerning the Voting for the CKCS Club Committee made by two Vociferous Members on the CC LIST.

I have been a Cavalier Pet Owner for over 30 Years, but it seems to me when any-one dares to mention that there is a Health Problem in our Cavalier Breed .

All Hell Is Let Loose .!!

Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)