Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Vets

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Swanley, Kent
    Posts
    223
    Post Thanks / Like

    Unhappy Vets

    We took Charlie to the vets again the other day, you might remember i posted a thread about him keep coughing ect, well we took him back again on Monday 19th because he was still coughing and the vet said he wants to do a chest x-ray to see if its anything to do with the lungs/heart. He also took some blood and said that the protein level was low. So we have to go back there on this Friday coming up (Friday 23rd) and there gonna put him out and do a chest x-ray. The only thing is we have to get there by 8:00am and it takes an hour to go get there so we're gonna have to get up about 6:00am and leave at 7:00am, because the vets is about an hour from us. When we get there we have to drop him off then go home then pick him back up again then go home, so its gonna be quite a hectic day, and it dosnt help that the times are gonna be in the rush hour, early morning and then probably evening time. I just hope we find out whats wrong with him.

    Also this morning (Wednesday 21st) he was sick.
    Charlie 17/07/03

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Prenton Cheshire
    Posts
    4,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Hello Charlotte

    I do wish I lived near I would certainly collect you two and take there and back again ,pls try not to worry I am sure it will all turn out not as bad as you fear ,so chin up and give Charlie another hug .

    Best Wishes

    bri
    Brian M

    Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Swanley, Kent
    Posts
    223
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thanks Brian,
    im not too worried, but out of the whole 7 years of having Charlie since he was a puppy the only time we ever left him at a vets on his own was when we had him 'done', even though he's not gonna be there that long on his own im gonna miss him
    I'll let you know what happens on Friday/Saturday
    Charlie 17/07/03

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hi Charlotte,

    I don't live a million miles away from you. Do you want me to help, I will gladly
    take you and bring you/him home. Where do you have to go?
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Swanley, Kent
    Posts
    223
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    Hi Charlotte,

    I don't live a million miles away from you. Do you want me to help, I will gladly
    take you and bring you/him home. Where do you have to go?
    Thanks for offering but its ok you dont have to
    Charlie 17/07/03

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Scotland - east coast
    Posts
    9,959
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Tania that was so kind of you to offer


    Charlotte I'm sorry poor Charlie is going through this, but hopefully you will find out what's wrong and the vets will be able to help him.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    732
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Why are they putting him out to do a chest x-ray? I had an 8 year old foster dog who suddenly quit eating and was breathing really fast. I brought her in to the vet and they did an x-ray right then and found out that she had an enlarged heart and congestive heart failure. Her 2 follow up x-rays in the next few weeks also were done without sedation of any kind. BTW, on medication (Lasik), she was fine and made a very quick turnaround. Her heart was no longer enlarged on subsequent x-rays. It amazed me that the heart would go back to normal size so quickly.

    Do they think he isn't going to cooperate with holding still?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Swanley, Kent
    Posts
    223
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy's Mom View Post
    Why are they putting him out to do a chest x-ray? I had an 8 year old foster dog who suddenly quit eating and was breathing really fast. I brought her in to the vet and they did an x-ray right then and found out that she had an enlarged heart and congestive heart failure. Her 2 follow up x-rays in the next few weeks also were done without sedation of any kind. BTW, on medication (Lasik), she was fine and made a very quick turnaround. Her heart was no longer enlarged on subsequent x-rays. It amazed me that the heart would go back to normal size so quickly.

    Do they think he isn't going to cooperate with holding still?
    I dont know, i think there only gonna put him out slightly not full on out of it, they might do it with putting him out
    Charlie 17/07/03

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dorset, UK
    Posts
    1,177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Do hope they find out soon why Charlie is coughing. sorry to hear he was also sick today, Jasper had to have xray, ECG and heart scan last year and they told us he may have to be sedated, but he co-operated fully so he did`nt need one, which was good, keep us informed how it all goes, such a shame you have to travel so far, good luck for Friday.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Swanley, Kent
    Posts
    223
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasperpaw View Post
    Do hope they find out soon why Charlie is coughing. sorry to hear he was also sick today, Jasper had to have xray, ECG and heart scan last year and they told us he may have to be sedated, but he co-operated fully so he did`nt need one, which was good, keep us informed how it all goes, such a shame you have to travel so far, good luck for Friday.
    Thanks,
    Charlie 17/07/03

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •