• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Vets

So sorry to hear this Charlotte - at least he is on the correct treatment now. He will feel much better once the new meds kick in.

It takes a while to get the correct dosage, so that is while you will be going for more frequent visits for a bit, and they need to monitor how he is doing.

Take care - at least they can help him and hopefully he will feel much better. The meds for MVD are very good.

Thanks, as you said the vet said we will need to take him back frequently till we get the right dosage, i dont mind keep going there as long as he feels better :l*v:

Hope you are feeling a little calmer this evening.:hug:Im sure things will improve for you both once his medication takes effect.

My mum told me that Charlie had wee'd in his bed last night, im not sure why it might of been because he was still a little drowsy and tired to get up, we're gonna have to wash his under carriage today because its a little smelly

I'm sorry to hear that it is his heart. As I posted earlier in the thread, the foster dog I had who had similar symptoms and had an enlarged heart on x-ray did great on the meds. She's still going strong in her forever home and she perked right up almost immediately after starting the medicine. Her heart was no longer enlarged after the 2 week follow up x-ray. So take heart and remember that he is lucky to have you as an owner because you are doing the right things for him.

The vet told me that she would drink a lot and go pee a lot, but I really didn't see too much of that, and she never had an accident in the house on the meds, so I'm sure Charlie will get all that worked out if you put him out regularly. He's probably surprised himself at how badly he needed to go pee in the middle of hte night and didn't have a chance to tell you.

Good luck with him. I'll be thinking about you both!

Me and my mum came home earlier from going out and he had pee'd a little on the carpet but it wasnt much, it might of been because my dad accidently closed the back door so Charlie couldnt get out into the garden.
Thanks for making me feel more optomistic :l*v:

Last edited:
When Jasper was put on Frusemide Tablets (water tablets) he only has one dose a day, I give them first thing in the morning and then by the time he has his morning walk they have had time to work and we don`t seem to have had any accidents. Maybe the accident in the night was because he had`nt got over his sedative that day and was feeling a bit drowsy still.

Hope you and Charlie are both doing ok today.From my understanding and like Nikki said, the meds given for Cavaliers are very good.Hugs to you both

Pam: Charlie is also on them, but the vet said not to take him on walks yet because of his cough, so we're just gonna have to make sure he dosnt have any accidents and let him out in the garden frequently

Back