Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day 5, how are we getting on? *Lots of pics *

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Day 5, how are we getting on? *Lots of pics *

...Very well As Sins predicted (she has a habit of saying something then it comes true), Poppy's season ended today. Dylan is not bothering her at all I have to say, managing a bitch in season and an entire dog was very hard work. Both dogs cried if I separated them. The belly band helped a lot, thanks for that tip Margaret. It's not enough on it's own mind you, I stayed with them 24/7. I even put Poppy under the covers in my bed with me while Dylan slept on top of the covers. With all those black hairs, I feel like I'm now sleeping in the dog bed!

I can't walk them together, try as I may, one pulls with all his might, one walks like an angel but together, they both pull. I really am grateful to the person who trained her to walk nicely on the lead, but she only knows one command, "sit". I am teaching her "dance". It's funny as Dylan joins in and both dogs turn a circle, Poppy being guided by a treat.

Dylan is worried when I give her a rawhide. The last dog who I minded, Dolly the Scottie, gave him a nip when he found her chew so he thinks Poppy will do the same. He hides under the table. After thinking I would never give her a chew again, I decided she can help him get over it by having her chew (she LOVES them) and not being nasty. The first time they both had one and he ran off, she carried one to him and dropped it by him and went back for hers. How adorable is that! She is a little pushy when he gets hugs but I don't let her barge her way in.

I am VERY happy she loves to cuddle me, she presses her face into me. Everyone is amazed how affectionate she is.

Thanks for listening, I know I do waffle on!

Here are some pictures.

On my grooming table.

Liam who drove us for 5 hours to pick up Poppy.

Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Gorgeous doggies

Post Thanks / Like

Aw! Very contented looking. Great
    Briar, Jack, Berry and coeliac cocker Bracken foster cockers Rowan and puppy Simba

"Spaniels In Need"
    (a 'not for profit' rescue organisation)

Post Thanks / Like

They look so sweet together. Glad it didnt take long for Poppy to settle in. It looks like she has been occupying your Sofa for many years
    Poppy has such a lovely coat.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you What I forgot to say is the fence is still going up so it's been hard to take them to the toilet, one at a time, on a lead in the garden when Poppy has not learnt the "wee-wees" command yet and won't readily do her wee while on the lead. Also very hard is it's taken 4 days for them to stop crying in the house when I take the other out.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Great photos. Great story.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You are doing really well Pauline, they seem to have bonded well already.

Sorry about the fencing, it will be much easier when you have the garden.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely photos, they look really good together, Poppy has a lovely glossy coat. Glad everything is working out well.

Post Thanks / Like

Pauline they are gorgeous photos. It's great when you see the two snuggled up together. i rescued Pippa 2 years ago and I had Phoebe 2 yrs at that stage. And even now I see changes (all positive!) in their relationship together and only now is Pippa going up for a cuddle to people who come into the house. It's a great and rewarding process to watch. Enjoy.
    BK

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely pics!! Glad things are going ok!!