• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Day 5, how are we getting on? *Lots of pics *

*Pauline*

...Very well :D As Sins predicted (she has a habit of saying something then it comes true), Poppy's season ended today. Dylan is not bothering her at all :D I have to say, managing a bitch in season and an entire dog was very hard work. Both dogs cried if I separated them. The belly band helped a lot, thanks for that tip Margaret. It's not enough on it's own mind you, I stayed with them 24/7. I even put Poppy under the covers in my bed with me while Dylan slept on top of the covers. With all those black hairs, I feel like I'm now sleeping in the dog bed! :yuk:

I can't walk them together, try as I may, one pulls with all his might, one walks like an angel but together, they both pull. I really am grateful to the person who trained her to walk nicely on the lead, but she only knows one command, "sit". I am teaching her "dance". It's funny as Dylan joins in and both dogs turn a circle, Poppy being guided by a treat.

Dylan is worried when I give her a rawhide. The last dog who I minded, Dolly the Scottie, gave him a nip when he found her chew so he thinks Poppy will do the same. He hides under the table. After thinking I would never give her a chew again, I decided she can help him get over it by having her chew (she LOVES them) and not being nasty. The first time they both had one and he ran off, she carried one to him and dropped it by him and went back for hers. How adorable is that! :luv: She is a little pushy when he gets hugs but I don't let her barge her way in.

I am VERY happy she loves to cuddle me, she presses her face into me. Everyone is amazed how affectionate she is.

Thanks for listening, I know I do waffle on!

Here are some pictures.
4540150200_9a12e525f7.jpg

4532351406_b63c07248d.jpg

On my grooming table.
4541211638_4bfcd172ae.jpg

4539521513_6dfcb59d1e.jpg

Liam who drove us for 5 hours to pick up Poppy.
4540589867_3a2e21787f.jpg

4541229366_aaa06c9e3c.jpg

They look so sweet together. Glad it didn’t take long for Poppy to settle in. It looks like she has been occupying your Sofa for many years
Poppy has such a lovely coat.

Thank you :D What I forgot to say is the fence is still going up so it's been hard to take them to the toilet, one at a time, on a lead in the garden when Poppy has not learnt the "wee-wees" command yet and won't readily do her wee while on the lead. Also very hard is it's taken 4 days for them to stop crying in the house when I take the other out.

You are doing really well Pauline, they seem to have bonded well already.

Sorry about the fencing, it will be much easier when you have the garden.

Lovely photos, they look really good together, Poppy has a lovely glossy coat. Glad everything is working out well.:)

Pauline they are gorgeous photos. It's great when you see the two snuggled up together. i rescued Pippa 2 years ago and I had Phoebe 2 yrs at that stage. And even now I see changes (all positive!) in their relationship together and only now is Pippa going up for a cuddle to people who come into the house. It's a great and rewarding process to watch. Enjoy.

Pauline they are gorgeous photos. It's great when you see the two snuggled up together. i rescued Pippa 2 years ago and I had Phoebe 2 yrs at that stage. And even now I see changes (all positive!) in their relationship together and only now is Pippa going up for a cuddle to people who come into the house. It's a great and rewarding process to watch. Enjoy.

Never mind velcro, Poppy is a magnet, drawn to a lap. What's lovely is Dylan, though more gentle, is asking for more cuddles from me, it's like she's showing him how :D

oh gosh, everytime I see Dylan's sweet face I want to just sqeeze him! He is precious. Poppy is such a beauty! They look like quite a wonderful pair! Congrats!

Back